Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 09:19 AM

Vet Rant!

Yesterday I managed to bribe the vet over the phone into giving me more of Georgie's steroid for his skin even though he hasn't been seen for 6 months (coz he's been fine) and she said I would have to make an appointment in the near future to get him checked over. Fine, when I picked up his prescriptions yesterday I made an appointment for today whilst Dave would be home to baby sit the puppy. Appointment made for 9.30 am. so shouldn't expect too much of a back-log should I? Wrong!

Got there at 9.05 because I'm polite and like to turn up early anyways, and I didn't know about the traffic. The vet had just let a client out of the surgery at 9.10, so I thought I might be lucky and be getting in early coz there was NOBODY ELSE THERE! Vet disappears, turns up behind reception desk and seemed quite obnoxious (she's a new vet apparently!) that the receptionists tell her she's the locom for today and has to see 3 clients booked in (I'm one of them). She didn't seem to like that much and walked off, somewhere, but not into her surgery.

Anyways, by 9.25 I was still sat there like a plank and in walked a couple with a greyhound, and so got chatting and I asked them what time their appt. was and they said 9.30, so I thought good, I'll be going in next then coz I'm 9.20! Out she comes at 9.30 and calls THEM IN!!!! So I stood up and said "excuse me, I'm the 9.20 appointment" and looked over to the receptionist for back up I was told by this stuck up vet girl that I am going to be seen by her accomplice in a minute, so I sat back down and went quiet Got to 9.40, the other people had left and I'm stlll sat there with another woman with a cat now! I asked the receptionist what time I would be likely to be seen because I had left a young puppy home alone for the very first time expecting it to be for half an hour and lo and behold it was already approaching an hour before I've even been seen, which has also been the case on two previous occasions when bringing in that puppy!!!! I got the lecture about ill dogs, etc. etc. and I told her it's not imperative that I see a vet today coz there's nothing wrong with my dog and I would come back next week. So then she goes into the surgery where there are now TWO vets together in there but no clients, out she comes and tells me she doesn't know what time I would be seen coz of an emergency Just as I said my goodbye's and went to walk out the door, out comes that stuck up girl vet and gives me a lecture on how it is the LAW that every dog has to be seen blah, blah, blah and I wouldn't get my drugs, so Ilet rip!!!! I told her I HAD GOT MY DRUGS YESTERDAY, and I myself had made this appointment just to comply with the law even though I didn't really have to coz there's nothing wrong withmy dog! Again she goes on and on and on (bit like I'm doing here! Lol!) about how the dog has to be seen otherwise I won't get my drugs, so again I said I really didn't care coz I had enough drugs for another 3 months anyways WHICH I GOT YESTERDAY, but what I DO CARE about is the fact that she found time to see another client who had an appointment ten minutes AFTER mine and yet she had fobbed me off with another vet who was dealing with an emergency and I had been told they didn't know how long I would have to wait?????

Now correct me if I'm wrong here, BUT, the dog that went in front of me had to have stitches out which only took 5 mins. and considering mine was just a quick once over with Georgie, what's the bl**dy difference then, why couldn't she have seen me first when she knew mine would be quick?????? GRRRRRRR

I noticed they had a Complaints Section on the big board of surgeons etc. so I'm going to write a letter of complaint about this,and I'm going to change my vet TODAY coz I don't like being treated like this even if they are a 5-star hospital!!!! I'm bl**dy livid, I was shaking with rage when I dragged poor old Georgie out of there whilst she was still going off on one at me!!!!!!!

Phew! That's better
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-05-2009, 09:31 AM

You go girl

And I dont blame you at all.. and I would also put it in your letter you are changing your vet...

I think we all understand that emergencies take precedent over us.. and no one would mind ..as it could be any one of us one day.

But to be honest, this situation sounds far from that...

Sounds like a vet who could not be bothered to see a patient, and passes it on to someone else.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Gosh - thats awful.

Good for you for telling them what for. How dare they see someone whos appointment is after yours!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't think your rant is particular to vets it's more about ignorant people which can be in any walk of life . Some of these people are locums because they are too crap to actually get a job anywhere .
This situation should never have arisen and I would complain too , there are plenty of nice vets out there
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for confirming what I thought myself!! Like I told the receptionist when I said I would give it another 5 minutes, I wasn't an emergency and I could wait for another day and was more than willing to just walk out, but when this vet came out and started on at me in front of the other clients who were now filling up the waiting room, then I saw red as I couldn't seem to get her to understand I was more than willing to just go home, so what was her problem lecturing me like that about how I wouldn't be getting my drugs, WHEN I HAD THEM ANYWAY!!!! She'll go far in the veterinary profession won't she - not!!!!!!

I would perhaps be giving them the benefit of the doubt, if it hadn't of been for the fact that this has happened to me TWICE now with Zena, and considering you make an appointment, it can't be EVERY time you go that there is some kind of emergency, especially in a bl**dy veterinary HOSPITAL where they have numerous amounts of vets at any one time on duty during the week when I've taken Zena!!!! Grrrr, I really am quite livid about this, so I'd better calm down a tad before writing that letter perhaps!!! Lol!

NAH! They're getting it and NOW, I've just found the complaint's address for them!!! My finger's are gonna be busy for a while now!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Good on you!!!!! They dont see you for free do they???Gee whizz!!!!!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Good on you!!!!! They dont see you for free do they???Gee whizz!!!!!
Thats just what I was thinking, if it was FREE treatment you were getting you could maybe put up with it but you are paying stupid amounts of money to these people, you would think they would show you a bit of respect.

I didnt see a soul at the vets yesterday when taking Amy in or picking her up and was seen bang on time, my only complaint is, they did scrapes that the vet had already said wouldnt show anything but did them anyway, I was £300 poorer when I came out
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 10:20 AM
You complain Aitch. They were completely out of order and rude to boot. You tell em mate!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Well!! I think you handled yourself quite well under the circumstances. I would have been livid too!!! As others have said, we all understand emergencies take preference. But where was the emergency... the vets were gabbing away in the surgery Jobs worth!!! springs to mind. A little bit of authority goes to some peoples heads.

I would write a letter of complaint too Helena. To be treated in this manner is not what you pay (a lot of money) for!!!!

Bloody cheeky stuck up bitch!!! OOOOOO I would have said a lot more belive me!!

Whats the point of having an appoitment system And I agree about the locum being a load of crap to get a 'proper' job!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrr
Yep, change your vet and tell them too!!!!!

Elaine xxxx
Lupus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2009, 11:09 AM
i too would have been livid if someone with an appointment later got seen before me. And to have the vet go off on one, good on you for standing up for yourself and make sure you mention how completely unproffesional she was by doing this in front of other clients....that sort of thing would never happen at my vets and they are ALWAYS busy
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >