View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Mine get 2-3 walks a day, which usually totals to around 2-3 hours or more (depending on how energetic I am feeling and where we go). It isn't constant charging around but a mix of training, running, ball chasing, pottering and sniffing. It is almost always off lead though and in the depths of the countryside

I LOVE walking, exploring and discovering new places. Before I was married and had a baby, my whole weekends would be spent out in the countryside walking and exploring with my dogs
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
How on earth do people have enough energy to walk for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or more on a weekday?
I am lucky in that I don't work at the moment (other than helping on the farm, and my dogs are included in that anyway), so I can spend at least a couple of hours a day walking and exercising the dogs (and myself!) I also have to say how marvellous my hubby is, because he takes our son (16 months old) out on the farm with him, so I can have some "me time", walking and training my dogs.

Although, when I worked full time, I would still be exercising the dogs for around 3 or more hours a day - an hour before work, 40 minutes at lunchtime and then usually 2 hours+ in an evening. I have no other life though
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
How on earth do people have enough energy to walk for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or more on a weekday?
I'm a student so I have a lot of spare time lolololol
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Every day here too, on average about 2 hours.
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2009, 08:10 AM
my old one can only manage to potter and i cant let the new one off lead because of his dog aggression which is a shame as he would love a run to get rid of some energy but hopefully we will work up to this, they both get good walks though
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Ahh now my routine is slightly different and changes from day to day week to week depending on my shifts, if its my day off three of the dogs get a run with my bike for a few miles each, and the other two (oldies) will go on the running machine for half an hour each, later I will either take them all to work to run about in the grounds OR put all 5 on the running machine giving them half an hour each, they all get a short walk probably about a mile and a half on lead if its a working day they all get half an hour on the running machine, the girls come to work and get a short walk at dinner time, then later on after work and I have done everything I will either take a couple out with the bike, put a couple on the running machine for half an hour and then a short walk, or the oldies will get 20 mins on the running machine and a short walk, depends on the day/wether/how fit I feel(dodgy hips and legs) how I combine their exercise.

mo
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4