Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 08:23 PM

Orbee-Tuff range??

I'm trying to find things to kerb Monty's daytime boredom and have seen the fruit shaped Orbee Tuff range.

I think you can hide treats in them which is what i want as i want Monty to have to work at toys to get something out of them as at the moment he's bored of them in 5 minutes.

So are they any good or is there something better out there??
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 08:38 PM
We bought one for Fudge but not much different to a Kong really.The puzzle treat balls that they have to roll and manoevre are better IMO.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Ahh ok, i was under the impression from the write up that they were "push along, treat comes out" type things.

In that case I might review. He had one of the Orbee bones but got bored of it after teething and i don't think he liked the taste!
endisforever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-05-2009, 11:22 PM
i got a orbee tennis ball that was to easyly chewable and was finished ina day but i got a replacement for one of there eight balls and i have to say its probly the best ball i have had

probly not great for treat as the holes are small but itys really good chew and fetch ball
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 11:34 PM
The strawberry is easily destroyed by a Border Terrier. Although the dogs love these balls, its now 2 large pink Orbee balls and 2 tennis balls that have been destroyed fairly quickly. I also have a small Orbee ball but they tend not to bother about that one too much, however its doesnt have much of the "world" left on it!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Ahh ok, i was under the impression from the write up that they were "push along, treat comes out" type things.

In that case I might review. He had one of the Orbee bones but got bored of it after teething and i don't think he liked the taste!
Try an everlasting treat ball. They are superb, dogs cant get to the treats easily and you can put loads of stuff in them, they also have their own "fillers" but mine eat those too quickly!!

They are soft and very pliable but so far intact and used every day, well worth it.
http://www.dog-games.co.uk/newshop/p...+-+3+sizes.htm
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Dawn,
Is that more hardy than a kong?
I only ask as Isis can destroy a extreme kong in less than half a hour
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
We got an everlasting treat ball for Missy on Dawn's recommendation - and when we put our own treats in it, its a great hit as it does take a while to get them all out.

The treat cap I'm afraid Missy got the hang of, she doesn't lick her way through it, she works the whole cap out of the ball and then lays down and munches through it.
The ball lasts for us as Missy is only interested in playing with it when it has food
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 08:15 AM
We've had a Leo Interactive Toy since Christmas, which has survived 2 Boxers.

It's stuffable, throwable and dishwashable and is still completely intact!

http://www.richandrobin.co.uk/interactive-dog-toy.html
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Try an everlasting treat ball. They are superb, dogs cant get to the treats easily and you can put loads of stuff in them, they also have their own "fillers" but mine eat those too quickly!!

They are soft and very pliable but so far intact and used every day, well worth it.
http://www.dog-games.co.uk/newshop/p...+-+3+sizes.htm

LOL I bought all my dogs one of the balls each and the caps when we got a new stock of them in work, I thought marvelous a treat that is everlasting, ok for 3 of my dogs they lasted about 4 hours, the other two managed to eat the treat within an hour lol and the refils/caps are a tad expensive I thought, it was a big joke at work, and they said they will use my dogs to try out all the other stock to see how quickly they get through it lol.

mo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >