Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 06:20 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 19th June

Good morning everyone

Good that your dad's car was fixed quickly and cheaply Griff.

Barry bought a Henry for cleaning the car and it is very good when I next need a new cleaner think it will be one for me too.

Heavy rain and thunder and lightning at the moment so Teazle is tucked up back in her bed. hopefully will clear shortly then we can get out.

Hope ll are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 06:30 AM
Good Morning Sue and all to follow. Doesn't look very promising out there. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 07:12 AM
Morning Sue and Moyra and all to come later. I heard that Eastbourne had been raining and thundering so I expect it is near you then Sue. Just gentle rain here and no wind. But I expect it will come soon. Not cold so that means when it has happened the flying ants will appear. Not long now till the longest day. Then I expect all will start thinking of summer being over and Christmas coming. rofl. Just thought I''d throw that into the mix. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2019, 07:17 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra, brend and all to follow.

Dry here at the moment ground underfoot wet though as we had rain late afternoon and all evening yesterday.
Very short walk with Dillon he didn't want to go far. Maybe all those 2 mile walks we were doing a few months ago were his swan song for long walks and we have now downgraded to short walks.

Sue and brenda hope the rain eaes off soon so you can get out.
Trying not to think of Christmas just yet brenda it seems to come round quicker each year.
griff good news about the car hope you managed to get out to meet Steve in the end.
Harvey if you're popping in for a read hope you and the the family are well.

Next doors parcel arrived but he hasn't knocked for it yet he was home at a reasonable time yesterday expect he will knock today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 07:54 AM
Ah Lynn it was only a bit of fun. Just think we have all those lovely summery months to come first. Maybe your neighbour doesn't know you have his delivery. Praps they didn't put a note through his door?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2019, 08:01 AM
I knew it was a bit of fun brenda. . Yes indeed hoping for some lovely summery days but the way the weather is going I am getting doubtful we will have a summer.
To much to ask ask warmer and sunnier than it is but not as hot as last year.
Neighbour knows we have his delivery he knocked the evening before to ask if he could have it left at our address.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 08:30 AM
Morning all

Overcast and dark here this morning, but I have hopes for a nice afternoon (ish) been out with Gert, and just had a toasted bacon and fresh tomato sarnie with brown sauce with cup coffee lovely trying to suss out what to pop in washing machine or not. Got the living room/hall stairs done yesterday with "Hetty" vacuum. Onto the kitchen today I think, which I suspect will crash by the wayside when the weather improves and I can get out in the garden. Have a good day all catch you later.

Sue
According to the weather forecast we should of had thunder/lightening last night not sure if we did as not awoken by anything ground and garden is wet anyhow would not notice.

Moyra Any plans to be out and about today?

Brenda Funny you should say that I thought I saw the start of flying ants a few weeks ago scurrying etc but came to nothing suspect the weather changed too much for them - clever things ants. Odd you mention Christmas I was thinking bout it the other day it is the longest day in a couple of days as well. Did you enjoy frost I like him too good stories and characters.

Lynn Maybe he was so excited that he had moved new sights smells etc that he needed to know his turf so to speak now he is comfortable he is happy to potter again. Sounds like a considerate neighbour not knocking in the late afternoon. Mind you important does not mean urgently needed - medication delivery wise.

Chris Hope you manage to get back into town this week and the weather was not too bad by you eventually. Glad hubby only had slight repercussions from his activity.

Everyone as preciously said have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Glad your enjoying hetty Kazz.

Good thought about Dillon and the walking but this was very short and sweet seeings as we didn't go out yesterday.
Popped into the park (next door). Strolled a couple of yards, out the gate couple of yards up the road crossed over couple of yards, back across the road and in. I am wondering if his elbows are sore so have given him half a previcox.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Now then for all you gardeners of produce. I have picked loads of raspberries. They have never been sprayed but there are a few teeny tiny bugs which I have removed. But you never know if there are any left on the raspberries. The question is: Should I wash before freezing? Also bearing in mind that we eat some when picking should we eat before washing them? What do you do? Can I ask Kazz whereabouts in England do you live?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Never grown raspberries but anything we have grown in the past and like you we didn't spray but always washed.
Wash and pat dry with a clean tea towel. The odd bug when picking and eating shouldn't be a problem bit of extra protein.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >