Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Guess what, it's been raining again all morning. It looks to be having a small respite now, but my guess is, not for long.

It would have been my Brother in Law's birthday today. My sister is in bits. If we didn't live so far away, I would have been with her for the day. Unfortunately, my daughter is still away or she'd have stepped in. We've had a long 'phone chat and it's the best I can do, but I feel so very, very sorry for her. 53 years married is a long time to suddenly have your world turned upside down.

Gary has got his new glasses this morning and, touch wood, so far so good and he loves them. It's looking like getting used to varifocals is going to be a breeze for him and he says they are magic glasses because the turn dark by themselves

Fingers crossed for Dillon Lynn. They are so very, very worrying when as they get older. All we can do is love 'em no matter what turns up.
Aww Chris I am sure your sister is pleased for the chat. I know this may sound silly but my Mom rang my aunt (the one who has just passed away) every evening to say "Goodnight Brenda God bless" something I carried on when Mom could not, she did the same every morning at 8am "Good morning" which I am pleased to say after Mom could not my cousins wife took this on.

It is my Dads birthday today too he would be 90 today.

Glad the glasses suit and are going to be an easy change I could not do it.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 04:49 PM
That's lovely Kazz.

I phoned Steve and asked if he would be home for dinner he said not for an hour or so but you can cook me a meal for me to warm up in the microwave. So I am doing him Pork cutlets, New potatoes, peas and carrots and he can finish off with Cream rice with Jam. That's my start to getting things on a better keel. I suppose because of the way he treats me he feels guilty when I ask can I get him some dinner usually the reply is I will see to myself. But by the time he comes home from a hard day he is not in the mood so just makes a sandwich or eats pork pies. Better go see it is cooking ok.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 05:48 PM
Moyra sounds like a brilliant idea and hope you are having the same. Sound yummy
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 06:11 PM
He walked in just as I had finished dishing up so he didn't have to reheat it and what's more he got on with it straight away. I enjoyed mine too. He brought Amber home a lovely Marrow bone which she attacked straight away so all is well at the moment. Have a good evening all God bless. Night night.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2019, 07:40 PM
Sounding a little more positive Moyra.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3