View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 03:11 PM
Apparently not Moyra, mum was just told that they will apply for restropective planning and it will be passed. I suspect this is not the first time they have done this so know exactly what they can get away with...pair of foul mouthed disgusting individuals
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Just a thought with your extra tanks and bits.... could you pop them on Freecycle or gumtree? You could get rid with no cost to yourself and I am sure someone starting out would appreciate a few bits.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 03:48 PM
Yes, but I do not want a lot of strange characters trooping through the house. I suppose I could unlock and open up the side gate. but he will kill me if I get rid of something he wants, not that I care that much!

My car goes in for a check over tomorrow pre MOT but I think I will tell him to do the MOT and any work that needs doing to get it through the test. The only use I make of the car is popping up to the local shop for lottery or taking Amber to the vet which is the main reason for keeping it. Oh well tomorrow will tell.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 07:22 PM
I broached the matter of getting rid of his old tanks and things and he said no he still needed them! What the hell do I do with him? I think I shall just have to get rid of things and then plead ignorance when he asks when something has disappeared. I don't see as I have a choice!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 07:36 PM
Moyra, tell him if he wants to keep things, he must keep them out of your way... could he maybe get one of those plastic shed things
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 07:44 PM
If he needs them tell him to store them in his room or rent a storage unit.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 07:45 PM
I know this is none of my business but how did he end up coming back to live with you Moyra? You really should apply to the council as your living situation is neither it seems beneficial or healthy/happy for either of you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-06-2019, 08:03 PM
Moyra - There are some useful outdoor storage units available, they are sold mainly for gardening tools etc. but could hold a couple of fish tanks and other stuff too, they are reasonable price. Not 100% theft proof but who would want to steal a few old fish tanks

Griff - Sorry to read that the ongoing dispute with nasty neighbours not yet resolved. You maybe right that they have done this before, they may also havea contact in the planning department. As you say how can one person get retrospective planning approval and someone else not. Feel sorry for you.

Barry - Good job on those gutters, looks much better now

Chris - Thanks for the info on the oxygen. So pleased to rad that the nurse has signed him off, that's good, just make sure he follows her instructions. Also hope the optician visit went went well.

The walk with Xena & Bruno went quite well, and I found out there is an even smaller bottle that would almost fit in my jacket pocket and which would just about last for the time we need.

Both Xena & Bruno appear to have some 'dire rear' tonight, Alena thinks it might be too rich food. Will talk to the vet tomorrow, might have to cut out the mince meat and gravy, I was trying to give them some variety. When Xena came to us she was on Wagg granules only, cheap make and lots of people don't like them buy her pooh was perfect.

Feeling like bed now Have a good evening one and all, see you soon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Harvey, please do look after yourself...and ensure you have more than enough oxygen incase you get delayed somewhere. Sorry to hear the dogs have upset tummy's to be honest, if she was suited to wagg I would feed her that.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 10:00 PM
The opticians visit went better than expected. Always takes forever though. Thankfully, Boots have very patient optometrists .

He's getting varifocals with the lenses that go dark in sunshine (he's light sensitive). £330 so keeping my fingers crossed that he can get used to them.

Dave has had his long awaited shower today. He has been chomping at the bit to have a proper shower so he's pretty pleased with himself tonight .

Kelly, I think if I was your mum and dad, I'd put in a complaint, in writing, to the planning department anyway. Nothing to lose by it and you may just be surprised. Here they are very keen on the rules and the fence at lease would have to be reduced in size. That aside, they can't get permission to move a fence and so take part of your garden so that surely needs sorting out

Glad your walk went well Harvey. Onwards and upwards.

Moyra, ultimatum time. He gets his rubbish out of your way or it goes in the skip. Failing that he can take it with him as you can't put up with it any longer
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >