Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 06:04 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday 5th June. 2019

Good morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Hope Dave is much better now and that we shall hear from Harvey that he is going to be ok.

Steve has gone fishing again so another day of peace.

Have a good day all, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-06-2019, 06:30 AM
Morning moyra and all to follow.
Feeling warm so about to take Dillon out.

Enjoy your day of peace moyra.

Chris yes you are right no point making a plan I meant a plan like deciding when we cannot cope whichever one is left and sorting it ourselves. IE bottle of alcohol and pills.
Unless something drastically changes there will be nothing about for our comfort when old and decrepit and not able to cope.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Morning Moyra, Lynn and those to come. Sun is shining after all that lovely rain yesterday which was sorely needed. Hope everyone has a good day. My plan is to go to the library and hopefully find some books that I like to read. Hope Harvey is ok. bfn Kelly be good today and take your meds. bg!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

Enjoy your peaceful day Moyra

Hope you find some decent books Brenda

I agree Lynn not looking forward to not being able to cope. The joke in our house by the boys if I do something wrong is "don't forget we choose the care home"

Lovely morning here so hopefully the bedding will dry. Yes the rain yesterday was needed but what the forecast said was showers it rained here non stop for about 13 hours!

Hope all are well and that we here good news from HRVEY

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 08:41 AM
I too hope Harvey is o.k , he might feel a bit rough for a couple of days after.
Brenda, yep... just going to get up and sort the animals out and I will do the evil yellow pills
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Hello everyone Yes I'm back.

Biopsy went very well, 45 minutes and the small pain wore off after an hour. Surgeon even told me "You will hear a loud 'click'" that's when the device sucks the sample up into the tube. That was the good news.

The bad news is that the minute I walked in they found my Oxysat (Oxygen saturation) levels were very low (About 82%) Should be well above 90%

So after the biopsy the surgeon said she didn't want me to go home, I had to stay in Monday night, they put me on oxygen and have arranged for oxygen to be supplied at home. It's a pain because I have this thing stuck in my nose and connected to a machine. I can get out using a small bottle in a back pack but they wouldn't even let me go for an hour to get home, had to wait until late last night for an ambulance.

This afternoon will be interesting when we go for a walk Xena and Bruno were not good whie I was away but they have sttled down now, I'd like to think it's because I'm back.

I should hear from Papworth in about two weeks regarding results of biopsy.

So got to change our life style a bit, will still try to log in here when I can, maybe tonight.

Bye for now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Oh Harvey do hope things improve for you. Xena and Bruno obviously missed their dad bless them. Hope the oxygen supply works for your walks! Good luck.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 12:32 PM
Harvey, take it easy and don't go doing too much too soon! Sorry you had to stay in hospital, and I will keep everything crossed for good biopsy results
Well, I am raging.... nothing can be done about next doors windows and the fact they have breached planning with the fence doesn't matter either! If they apply for retrospective permission it will be granted... quite why we have planning laws is beyond me if you can just do what you like
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-06-2019, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear your troubles Harvey.
Everything crossed the results are good.
Oh goodness griff what a let down for you. So sorry.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Good afternoon all.

Harvey so good to know the biopsy went fairly well. Dave had the same problem with oxygen levels after his op (he does have COPD though). His fell below 70 percent and they were worried he was going to crash. He was on oxygen a couple of days, but he hasn't had to carry it on at home thank goodness and all seems to have settled back down. I imagine the backpacks are heavy. Any thoughts on a mobility scooter so that you can get out and about without the heavy load on your back?

The nurse did come this morning and has discharged him, but said he has to take it easy for a couple of months yet. Just doing little and often until he feels tired.

Kelly, two bungalows here have been ordered to reduce the height of their fences because they breached the planning rules (a foot too high) so I would query the information you have been given.

Well, time to pick Gary up for the dreaded opticians.

Have a good 'un all x
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >