View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 03:03 PM
I agree with Kazz, Kelly. Let the solicitor sort it out as it sounds totally confused.

You know you are right on the building work and front garden and you may yet be right on the drive. You just don't know until the legal boffs work it out. If you are covered by insurance, then what's to lose by letting them do their job?

The harassment is an issue you can't let go otherwise it will get worse. That as well needs to be brought to the solicitor's attention in full with as much detail as possible
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 03:35 PM
Great that the staples came out cleanly...I refuse to have them now! Too much pain and I am glad Gary coped o.k
Thank you all, basically their solicitor says I have to move my satellite dish out of their air space immediately, my car has to be moved I to the garage forthwith...it won't fit! That my fence has to be removed forth with I have to move or remove my cctv and hand over any footage of them and sign something to say I won't breach their privacy...I have 14 days to respond and if the car isn't moved I guess they tie it.
Nobody I know has enough land to let us leave it anywhere
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 03:47 PM
and your solicitor should respond in kind with the new front boundary fence has to be moved forthwith and the building work removed forthwith.

You really do need to get more legal advice asap to sort the whole mess out
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Great that the staples came out cleanly...I refuse to have them now! Too much pain and I am glad Gary coped o.k
Thank you all, basically their solicitor says I have to move my satellite dish out of their air space immediately, my car has to be moved I to the garage forthwith...it won't fit! That my fence has to be removed forth with I have to move or remove my cctv and hand over any footage of them and sign something to say I won't breach their privacy...I have 14 days to respond and if the car isn't moved I guess they tie it.
Nobody I know has enough land to let us leave it anywhere
But that's what THEIR Solicitor is demanding go and see yours......its all legal jargon and threatening …..Not necessarily what WILL happen see your legal team.

Now do not get upset here but seems confusing to me however what appears to have happened is they have not rolled over as you would of wished they have come out fighting...….and have delivered a blow to counteract your blow.

14 days to respond is not 14 days to do it. What is parked in the garage at the moment? Book the car in for a service or similar does it drive? That will move it, and give you breathing space. Or look to rent a garage somewhere.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 04:06 PM
God I am getting stressed now. How are your Mom and Dad taking all of this?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 04:29 PM
What fence of yours needs removing? and moving the CCTV won't cause an issue will it? Tell them you will sign if they will sign and tell them you have no footage of them..……….satellite dish is ridiculous. …...bit like a child sticking their tongue out. How long has it been there?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Chris pleased staples came out easily.

Have to agree griff they are now bullying you through their solicitor. They are probably use to people bowing to their every whim and if not their threats you haven't you have stood up for yourselves and your parents and it is more than niggling them.
Move the satellite dish ? What a ridiculous request tell them where to stick that kind of request. As mentioned you have no footage and the camera is put away so no case to answer to there.
Good idea about booking the car in for a service if you can.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 05:05 PM
We have to wait for our insurance to approve a solicitor. Basically all we asked of them was to remove the downpipe from our property...which they have decided is not our property lol and to make good the damage out the back and to not fit a gate opening out onto the drive, the solicitor said if they complied the overhanging roof could stay as could the gutter, they went ahead and fitted the outward opening gate. The CCTV isn't an issue although it's difficult as the area it covers is large.. and to be honest it only gets checked if something happens and someone asks for the footage...like they did when the builder wrecked their house. The xjs physically doesn't fit in the garage, it won't fit in any garage as it's so very long, the fence is the new front fence that we put up in between us...but deffo in my side and it's because they kept climbing over the other fence as they liked...I woke up to a man up a ladder against the wall by my bedroom window. My satellite dish...ooooo gosh, errrrmmm about 10 years..oh and I forgot they want to see the charges for my shed... it's not possible to get permission for the shed as the company who built the houses in 1964 doesn't exist, the shed has been there 21 years and we asked the council if we needed planning but we were told we didn't...which we don't. The joys of covenants lol
It's difficult for mum because she is the policy holder so the insurance have to speak to her and obviously she is at work, her boss is dead nice and understanding, my dad...well, he says just let the solicitor sort it and not to let it bother me but it's annoying him. Like yesterday we were in the garden when the younger one appeared painting his fence, we just ended up coming back in as we knew there would be something said.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Planning permission for a shed ridiculous they are nit picking. You can have a conservatory, log cabin, garden room etc., all without planning permission as long as it is within a certain size and not blocking out anyones light.

They sound like the neighbours we had I was telling you about years ago. Like us they were council tenants, they moved their stairs round knocked into the coal shed etc., all without permission in those days you needed it from the council nowadays they don't seem so worried Peter did a lot to their house. Anyway the rent man use to knock in those days she was always over her neighbours hiding. they were in trouble for the broken down cars parked on their drive and out the back we eventually complained about their rubbish old sofas, beds you name it it went out there.
We were already on really bad terms and all her friends in the street made our lives a misery as well. They made a complaint against us that we had some of their garden so a nice man from the council came down after looking at the plans and said they actually have 18 inches of your boundary would you like it back I can start arrangements today.
We decided and he agreed to leave it due to the flipping mess in their garden or rather part of our garden.
Guy laughed and said I will have great delight in telling them they are wrong even after highlighting the plans and discussing over the phone first they would not listen to the council so in the end it came down to a man coming down and basically telling them to shut up and go away.
We eventually got moved but left a lovely neighbour on the other side which was a shame.
They got evicted in the end an in trouble for rearranging the house without permission and had to put it back as it was.

Do you know I am not a malicious person but that family especially her made my life such a misery I didn't even go our in the garden only to keep an eye on the boys and hang washing out that when I heard she died of a brain tumour I felt no sympathy for her at all or the family. Normally I would have some sympathy but for her none.
So you see from what you are saying they sound a bit like them so try to hang in there and let the solicitor when you get the go ahead do the work for you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Your Dad is right let the lawyers sort it out.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >