register for free

Dog News

Canny Collar Wins Award

The Canny Collar has been voted the Best New Product for 2006 by the UK Pet Product Retail Association (PPRA). The award, the PPRA say, recognises excellence within the pet product industry, and was presented to the Canny Company's Managing Director, Sean McElherron at the Glee Petindex International Exhibition.

Over 40,000 Canny Collars have been sold since the product was launched and the Canny Company say demand is escalating as dog trainers, vets, pet product retailers and dog owners discover its unique features and benefits.

Sean McElherron, said: It is a tremendous reward for our dedicated team, the inventor Brian Smith and our bloody-minded perseverance and belief in this product. It was tough two years ago to break into such an established market but retailers and dog owners have now voted with their purchasing power. We’re absolutely thrilled.

The Canny Collar has enjoyed similar success in Canada, where The Canny Company has partnered with TEVA Novopharm, a global leader in generic pharmaceuticals with an annual turnover of $4.8bn. Bert Bergen, Director of TEVA Novopharm’s Animal Health Division, is equally enthused: The Canny Collar is the best new pet product that we have come across in a very long time and is incredibly effective, giving owners total control of dogs that pull on the lead. My team are finding that it sells itself.

Brian Smith, inventor of the Canny Collar and Sean McElherron Managing Director, at the award presentation.

Your comments and views:
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Well done. I love my canny collars.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Agree totally.. Fabulous invention and more humane than other head collars.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Well done, think I may have to get one
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Congratulations on your success Mr. Canny, it's always good to hear of a Dogsey member doing well.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Congratulations Sean and Brian, your customer services is number one, and Fern's second Canny Collar is working exceptionally well.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top