Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2021, 07:21 AM

Daily Chat Tuesday 14th September

Good morning everyone

Pleased your mum and dad are now home Kelly but at what a stupid cost to the RAC

Hope all is still quiet in your world Chris

Here's hoping Dillon had a good night and therefore you and Gorden did tooLynn

Wet wet wet here. Hve managed to get out without getting too wet as it only started to rain as I got near home.

The kitchen units were delivered last night at 8.45pm. I went over with Ben only to find that there were no lights downstairs. Apparently when the electrician started his work he found that the wiring downstairs was all wrong so is having to sort it before putting in the new lights, switches and sockets. Can't say enough about the delivery drivers they were quite happy to carry all the units through to the back room with the aid of phone torches and car headlights. Four items missing but due for delivery today so now await a message for time.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2021, 08:36 AM
Wow Sue, that was a late delivery...sorry about the lights but glad they were happy to still deliver
Yes.....very very expensive, just pleased we didn't have to pay it, I think with new appliances and new car parts, well...we will have spent enough!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2021, 09:32 AM
Typical of today. Not only missing kitchen units but also a garage remote key fob I ordered on the 3rd gone missing by DHL . Seems to me people just don't care or take responsibility to make sure they are doing their job properly. Oh and Sue lost one of the original fobs not me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2021, 10:12 AM
Morning Sue, griff, Barry and all to follow.
Very wet here to today, we also managed a short walk before the heavens opened.
Dillon didn't walk any further today but only had one short rest so the Vivitonin seems to be doing it's job of opening up the blood vessels and allowing more oxygen through his system and into his brain, allowing him to exercise a little more than he has been.
I tried our last combination last night 4 ozs of supper with his two Pardale at around 8.30. We got till 3.30 am I settled on the sofa and he settled beside me till 5.30 then went into the garden and he remained fairly quiet till we went out for our stroll.
He is currently in the cabin with Gorden but being annoying with his silly barking.
Done the hoovering not much else to do so reading, seeing what's on prime and messing around on the lap top.

griff gosh that was expensive but glad they got home.
Sue thank goodness the delivery men didn't worry about silly health and safety guidelines and used their initiative.
Hoping the other units turn up at a reasonable time today.

Stay safe everyone and dry.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2021, 01:27 PM
Lynn, so pleased there seems to be an improvement...long may it last!
Barry... fully agree, infact ..I had the same conversation with my neighbour yesterday about reliability and repeat custom of work men and services
Spoken to the mechanic..he's going to try and pop over today and read the fault codes, if it's injector failure I am contacting the company I bought off and telling them to replace them
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2021, 10:18 PM
Good evening all.

Lousy day. Chucked it down with rain for most of it so a quick sprint of a walk and brekkie this morning in town then hibernation mode.

When Gary moved in to his flat, I complained about the heat. Complained about it 4 or 5 times since and and the only answer we got was because it's on the top floor.

When Gary was in his strop a couple of days ago, he complained long and hard to the Care Manager who asked me about it. I told her to go up, walk in and she'd see what the problem was. She did, immediately called for an emergency plumber who came yesterday.

He said it needed a new valve and the Care Manager would show him how to turn it off manually until it came.

She went today with their own handyman who opened it up, turned it off and discovered a major dripping leak which should have been seen by the guy who came yesterday.

Another call in for an emergency contractor to come out tomorrow.

In the meantime, he can get hot water, but no heating and he's a lot happier because his flat isn't red hot and some kind of repair man will come tomorrow to fix the leak. Goodness only knows when the new part will be fitted. Hopefully, before the cold weather sets in

It's been a busy day of 'phone calls today