Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2021, 07:44 AM

Daily thread Thursday 2nd September 2021

Morning all
Didn't sleep well and did not want to get up! Hopefully will sleep better tonight!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-09-2021, 09:25 AM
Morning griff and all to follow.

Sorry griff you did not sleep well, us neither again but ours is due to Dillon which we are definitely thinking early senility. 2 am this morning barking and whining, gave him some pain killers at 4 he only slept till 5.30 then went into the garden to sleep.
The Melatonin didn't help so started researching and he could have it daily then read to be careful with kidney disease which he has early signs of so waiting for vet to ring when not busy to advise and possibly recommend something.
Asked on the Bernese health forum to and his breeder made some suggestions but I think for my peace of mind I need something that the vet feels happy us giving him.
We have not had an undisturbed night since 28th June this year. It's beginning to take it's toll on us now.
Plus not good for Dillon to get upset over something he doesn't understand.

Not much going on today hoping to get washing out at the moment waiting for the weather to hopefully brighten up and some housework and get some nanny naps in to.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2021, 10:41 AM
Lynn, there is a drug the vet can give that is for dementia....they gave it to doez but I didn't have enough time to see the benefits... hopefully you can come up with something, tiredness is awful but obviously unavoidable at the moment with Dillon
Been and walked Molly, just on my way back....she was happy to see me last night when I went up and today too bless her, makes it worth while
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-09-2021, 11:46 AM
Molly is lucky to have you griff. So is Steve.
Waiting for Katherine to ring when she has finished her surgery she was back to back this morning, guessing she will need a much deserved break before ringing.
I can always drive over for something later if she can prescribe something.
Little monkey has been a bit cheeky a few minutes ago stealing Gorden's cushion. Glad he has a little energy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2021, 01:23 PM
Lol ....still got his cheekiness which is a good thing!
I dropped the personalised glasses over last night as I was worried about breaking them carrying them on the bus with my crutches...blagged a lift lol. I think I have 5 more days walking Molly and then I get a week off and then it's thankfully back to afternoons
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2021, 09:05 PM
Good evening all.

Murky day again. We need to see a bit of blue sky now to brighten things up a bit.

Sorry to hear that Dillon is still so very restless Lynn. Disturbed sleep helps no one.

Kelly, you deserve a medal. It's a big ask that Steve is making of you bearing in mind that you travel by bus and struggle with crutches. I hope he appreciates you