Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2021, 07:37 AM

Daily thread Wednesday 1st September 2021

Morning all
Pinch punch etc lol.
Off to walk Molly shortly, dinner done for myself and dad and taking some for Steve, he is going to be absolutely worn out.....up at 2.30am and working until 3.15pm so won't be home until nearly 4.....then straight out with Molly, then bed at 9... hopefully he will let me know what's going on with the fire near the lab, the man is still missing so only one thing can have sadly happened
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2021, 09:25 AM
Good morning Kelly and all who follow

Poor Steve such a ling day for him. Good that Molly has you to look after her.

Dull again her but usual walk done. Also been out fiddling in the garden and made the batter for a toad in the hole for lunch. Now taking it easy as have a long drive tomorrow for a funeral.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2021, 10:21 AM
Morning griff, Sue and all to follow.
Miserable wet chilly day here today.
Not good when catching up on bedding and towels from visitors. Tumble dryer will be busy today.
Had a slightly longer walk with Dillon on the park but he had a big forward stumble and on way home got up from rising and he was very ataxic.
Bit better now and managed to gt a brush through him, not brilliant but at least he doesn't look as neglected as he did.

Gosh that's a long day for Steve griff.
Plenty of rest needed today Sue if you have a long drive tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2021, 11:33 AM
Good afternoon all

Miserable day again, but at least we stayed dry today. It rained on the way in, but stopped by the time we got there.

Called and got a valve for the tank up in the loft as the overflow is dripping again. They certainly don't make things to last these days. We've lived here 15 years and this is the third new one. I lived in the last house 22 years and never had to change it.

Poor Dillon. Me thinks it's time for you to make the exercise decisions for him, Lynn. It sounds like the heart is willing, but the joints just aren't up to it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2021, 11:53 AM
That's the hard thing Chris having to make the decision. He enjoyed his little stroll and at least he is sticking to the park.
Tomorrow it will probably be in and out if at all.
I am dreading having to make that final decision which we both know is coming sooner rather than later now.

We have become a throwaway society these days.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2021, 01:26 PM
Sue, hope you get plenty of rest today ready for tomorrow
Awwww Lynn, sorry to hear about your walk
Chris.... don't get me started on the valves! Dad replaced ours about 3-4 months ago, it's dripping again, have to run the hot tap to stop it.
It is a long day...very long, dinner is left, Molly is walked...he rung me half way there...was I in town, errrm no! Turns out he wanted a photo printing and putting in a frame for his sister....went and got that on the way back, just had dinner and finishing my coffee and off with the dogs
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2021, 03:25 PM
Lynn, if it's any help, my Sam gave up on walks long before that final decision, but it was me that made the decision to stop walking him. He would go down and we'd just sit on the pavement until he could summon the strength to get back up again. At that stage, I took it out of his paws and it was garden pottering from thereon in.

Don't take that final decision too soon Lynn. It sounds like, for the most part, Dillon is happy.

Enjoy every single moment with him and try to put the rest out of your mind until you have no option but to face it xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2021, 06:45 PM
Oh we won't be taking it to early Chris no worries on that score.
When he cannot manage bodily functions that will be when we make the decision, for now he is happy laying in the garden and he is eating.
The park is literally next door. We leave it up to him now whether to go or not, today he wanted to go even though he had had enough by the end, if he gets excited when we put our dog walking clothes on we go if he doesn't and takes himself away from his collar and harness then we won't go.

We are seeing drastic changes daily now though for example the forward stumbling the loss of his back legs last week and the extreme ataxic walking back across the park this morning.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2021, 08:18 PM
Good evening all

Getting ready for the right day for my appointment tomorrow

Lynn Whatever you do you will know you can't explain it its just you know.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2021, 08:38 PM
Hugs to you Lynn. Night all.