View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2015, 11:33 PM
You probably have different brands across the water but if you can find Kong Ballistics. The seams can still be chewed open eventually but the Ballistics are Kevlar I believe, quite sturdy for a few months at least.

Human sports balls are sometimes well made and can be great fun. Not children's balls but real sports balls.

My dogs can destroy the average stuffed toy in hours if not minutes. I stock up on children's stuffed toys at rummage sales. If I can get a whole bag for $2 I can just throw them to the dogs a few at a time, then clean up the mess afterwards.

Callie's all time favorite toy is an empty plastic soda bottle. If there was a roast on the floor and he had a choice he'd pick the bottle over the meat. Just chews until it's flat.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2015, 08:20 PM
I was going to suggest nylah bones but someone beat me to it. They really are indestrucable. My dogs don't play with toys. They prefer to chew on my arm.
Tommyboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2015, 01:50 PM
I was in the pets shop today and found some chomper gladiator toys, i have bought a couple that Tommy can have now. He is merrily trying to chew holes in them as I am writing this!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
I was in the pets shop today and found some chomper gladiator toys, i have bought a couple that Tommy can have now. He is merrily trying to chew holes in them as I am writing this!
Please let me know which ones you got and how Tommy gets on with them. Chomper toys are the strongest [and by no means expensive] toys I have found, although I am limited with what the Store at the Pension has. As I said, the only ones that needa wee bit of seam suturing at times are her two Chomper Dinosaurs.

They do not have the Gladiator ones so I do not know anything about them, but I do hope that Tommy is not able to destroy them too quickly!
Tommyboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Here he is with them.

sandgrubber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Some young dogs get a charge out of rip and tear. IMO it's often easier to let them rip and tear stuff that costs next-to-nothing and clean up the mess for a few months.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2015, 09:59 PM
A few helpful hints when toy buying

I always "try out" toys in the store first. If with my limited strength can manage to pull hard enough to hear a seam pop it's not going to last a second with my dogs.

Always keep the receipts, most of the chain pet stores will exchange or refund for at least a month or more.

The toys I look for are long enough for a dog to easily grab each end. Preferably it's one solid piece of fabric more or less. The more seams the more likely it is to rip.

I don't automatically toss shredded toys, if there is still enough length for each dog to grab it's still good.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
Here he is with them.
Is that a Chomper Gladiator?
Tommyboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2015, 10:17 PM
These toys have definitely held up better than any we have bought so far. I have removed a rope from the chewy tube and put it in the bin, he will eat the rope if he breaks it down a bit and I don't want him swallowing it. I really appreciate all your input, I don't think I will ever find a toy he can't destroy, but I have certainly made it more challenging for him! I will also look into buying him some nyla bones, but I will need multiples of them, because Charlie, our basset will run off with them. The chomper toys were cheap enough that it didn't matter, less than £8.00 for two, but they are pretty good quality. I will have to back and get some more from this range, they have loads at our local pet shop. Tommy seems to love them.
Tommyboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Yes Malka it is. They are really good! So many to chose from.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >