Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bonwillan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-08-2010, 10:46 PM

KCI Agility update

I was asked to tell how I got on in my first Grade 7 show which was the KC International Agility Show. Gulp! Everyone who is anyone was there. Rasha was not outclassed although her owner left a bit to be disired.

On Friday Rasha got a bit of contact fobia and got 5F for missing dog walk contacts in two agility courses. In her jumping course I moved too soon and she came back out of the tunnel 5R. If I had not moved she would have got to the British Open final. (Still kicking myself).

On Sat 3 clears First run was in the Main Ring with the guest Judge. It was a demanding euro type course. We went clear and got a place. Totally made my weekend, first ever time in the main ring and my little Beagle worked her socks off. Other two runs Rasha ran her little heart out for me but unfortunatly we could not manage another place.

Sun Rasha was fab did everything I asked of her but unfortunatly my skills were lacking and I managed to get her E'd on every course. At the end of the weekend I can see that at least we can compete at this level. We were never going to storm the field but with a few improvements I think that we might just enjoy the Grade 7 experience a bit more than I first thought.