Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 12:58 PM

Helping at events..

Had my running order through for our first comp in 2 weeks time and I am down to help out for an hour in the afternoon.

Can anyone tell me what the 'help' usually consists of? Dont mind doing it but it will just be me and my boy going and if its warm I wont leave him in the car.

Is it good form to let the organisers know beforehand? Not sure what to do, dont want to let anyone down or them be short. Friend said she might come but might be competing with her hoss on that day so not certain.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 02:45 PM
is it BAA?

You can just do anything really- just let the ring know that you are down to help when you are ready too- tell them if you arent sure of a job you are given- or just asked to do leads/pole pick (easiest jobs!)

Good luck aswel! they are good shows to start out at- and i may see you there if it is baa- have to hand my dog of the year award back

edit: There are a few times i have been down to help but the weather too hot and didnt want to leave the car- nobody ever minded.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 09:22 AM
HI GSD

Its an 'Agility Nuts' show outside of Nottingham?

Thats ok then, am hoping it will be cold as my boy doesnt like the heat anyway and he will be happy for a kip in the motor after soooo much excitement during the morning. Bless his little brain
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Oh yes, paul sensky who runs the show is very nice and helpful- as is his wife.

Enjoy the show! I will be doing their winter series with my young collie- cant wait now!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Might see you there then if all goes well at the weekend. Borrowed my friends weave poles and tried him off lead over the weekend. NOT interested! ha ha! he goes like a rocket with his lead on at agility (i dont guide him, i think its psycological!) at least he was happy to go over her jump (i set something up in the garden previously and he looked at me as if an alien had just landed on my head)

its gonna be hysterical on sunday! little beggar!