View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Good luck with your agility! It is great fun.
I remember when Cherry went on the see-saw, she decided to fly off from the middle, through the air like superman! It was scary watching!

They have some agility bits and pieces in "Pets at Home" quite cheap but don't know how good they are. On our local news programme today they showed you a council where they had bought £7,000 worth of dog agility equipment and installed it on a field for owners to use with their dogs. What a good council-unfortunately not near where I live but how nice to do something for dog owners for a change rather than just having a go at them all the time.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Good luck with your agility! It is great fun.
I remember when Cherry went on the see-saw, she decided to fly off from the middle, through the air like superman! It was scary watching!

They have some agility bits and pieces in "Pets at Home" quite cheap but don't know how good they are. On our local news programme today they showed you a council where they had bought £7,000 worth of dog agility equipment and installed it on a field for owners to use with their dogs. What a good council-unfortunately not near where I live but how nice to do something for dog owners for a change rather than just having a go at them all the time.
I thought Blu would be the type to jump off but he actually stays on! Would be scary to watch that happen on the A frame

I've saw them in pets at home here but they looked cheapish. Would probaly make better stuff out of plastic piping and corners. Will have a look at it again anyway.

Wish my council done something like that. Instead they get rid of a great bit to let dogs offlead and build a skatepark where the police are down nearly every night and behind it is thick deep with litter!
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Forgot to ask.. Would this collar be ok? Keep seeing it in PAH and really like it

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/3-pea...g-collar-30847
Lesley J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi If you want to get a collar with ID go and look at Tuff stuff web page the embroider phone numbers etc on the collar/leads and quite reasonable in prices. If you phone the order through you pretty much get it back asap!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:04 PM
any collar should be fine so long as its not a head collar, i started with the harness and then shifted it to his normal collar as it was easier.

*dont shoot me* one lady if i remember correctly had a prong collar on her bullmastiff bitch ( i didnt say anything about it as its up to her what training tool she used) and the trainers didnt say anything about that so id say the collar you have been eyeing up go for it
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:40 PM
I've saw the tuff stuff range and my mate has some of it but I like that other collar. I keep playing with the name tag every time I go into PAH

Always thought prong collars were illegal? Was alot of dogs with them on on Sunday
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I looked at the three peaks collar but I couldn't figure out how I would fit all the necessary info on the tag, also thought it would be quite difficult to hold and write on at the same time!
gilli and jago
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
any collar should be fine so long as its not a head collar, i started with the harness and then shifted it to his normal collar as it was easier.
3 peaks collar looks fine to me

At my club I ask people to only run their dogs in flat collars unless there is a specific reason that a different type is needed. If you use a half check for example it can get caught on equipment for example so whilst I don't mind them being worn whilst waiting to run, I ask they remove them to actually do the equipment. Harnesses need to be removed ideally for the same reason

It's just the safety aspects of whether something can get caught or not.

I've got 4 dogs with tuffstuff collars and 3 with normal collars and indigo tags that lie flat to the collar so they can't get caught and have found both of these very good and cost effective
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Could get him one for everyday of the week

Today dad made me another 2 jumps and a tyre jump Got everything but the dog walk and a frame now! Only cost like £20 Not trying to boast ( ) but he is so good already! I can hardly keep up with him running. Wouldn't think he has been doing it for like 5 days. Knows what to do as soon as I say the command.

Even better he is behaving loads better in the house! I think half of his problem has been having far too much energy. He keeps sitting at the door wanting to go out and run again
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 09:49 AM
me and my mum bought the weave poles and the tunnel from pets at home yesterday, the weave poles are good as is the tunnel although at the end of the shoot they should have reinforced the material alot better so that the pegs didnt rip the material (still works though)
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >