Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 06:47 PM

Buyers beware

Just thought to share knowledge/experience for any one thinking of 'going to play' at a large well known retailer of electrical goods/items. Have been in a battle with them for a long time over faulty goods and is not good.
lwatson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2010, 07:45 PM
How old were the items that broke?

Even though they give you a guarantee for which most things break a day after, you can still return items under the Sale of Goods Act. Many of the firms tell you that you have to return them to the manufacturer which is rubbish, its their responsibility to sort it out for you.

Good luck with them and never back down!
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes I got fobbed off with a big pc company after my daughters pc stopped working a few days after the guarantee was up it was also a problem they had sorted??? a few months before, after contacting consumer direct I quoted the sales of goods act which they previously said they were not honouring!! and hey presto they knew what i was talking about Still had to wait a month to see if they could fix the problem ......they couldn't ,we got a new computer.Ring consumer direct tell them the problems and they will tell you what you are entitled to.They also told me to contact them after I had seen the pc people if i didn't get anywhere and they would contact them for me. Good Luck
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Thankyou both for your replies, after six months of battling they have finally agreed to replacement. It's been a lot of stress through difficult times, which I could well have done without. I nearly did back down at one point but just couldn't, they were wrong and have put me through h**l, but has hopefully not been a wasted effort. Hope no one else goes through anything like this, Consumer Direct were very good with info and help.
Best Wishes
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear of this-very stressful. GLad you got it sorted eventually.

We had a problem with "Equinefelinecanine" that has just been resolved. I ordered a heated pet-bed warmer on 19/11/10 and they told me on 3/12/10 that it had been sent on 19/11/10 and they would send another one. Dodn't get either and had to raise a paypal dispute-they lied as they didn't have any in stock to send! Very naughty!!

Just got my money back thankfully but it has been a lot of aggro and wouldn't use them again. Bought one on ebay and got it within 3 days even at this time of year so was very pleased (as will Cherry be!).
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Thankyou both for your replies, after six months of battling they have finally agreed to replacement. It's been a lot of stress through difficult times, which I could well have done without. I nearly did back down at one point but just couldn't, they were wrong and have put me through h**l, but has hopefully not been a wasted effort. Hope no one else goes through anything like this, Consumer Direct were very good with info and help.
Best Wishes
Thats great, although a shame it wasn't sorted sooner. Glad you persisted I'm sure they just fob people off knowing they will get fed up and go away.......Sometimes though we don't!!!!! Merry Christmas.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks, all the best