Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Thanks all.

Just rang him to confirm our meal out on the Monday before Christmas. Will see how we go by then and thereon in.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Well new tyre was needed there was a bulge in the wall where my son and I had kerbd it at different times There we were charging up and down motorways yesterday and fortunate that nothing happened.

Stick to your guns Brenda or you could be landed with another accident at home. They want the beds empty as soon as possible.

Kazz a difficult one but if you like your own space and it didn't work out last time think carefully about it. You could offer help from a distance if you wish and as suggested maybe housing could be found through social service.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 04:53 PM
I think it's probably wise to take your time and think things through....at least he isn't homeless although his accommodation may not be ideal...Steve would trade places with him in a heartbeat, he is desperate to live on a narrow boat, I said start with a holiday and go from there lol.
Sue, goodness you were very lucky!! I am pleased it didn't blow out on you
Chris, I am not a fan of hail...I don't mind too much if it happens when I am indoors but it generally happens when I am out and there's no shelter...it doesn't half sting my ears lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 05:39 PM
For now they are keeping him until the care plan has been sorted but I keep saying to them if he is still even slightly confused he must not come home in case he does it again. Fortunately for me I have very good friends two doors away and also a paramedic on hand that works for st.Johns he and his wife my best friend came the night he was found. So on it goes. I'm just enjoying the peace of no creaking ceiling when he was moving about. Our set up is weird so won't go into details but suffice to say we lead separate lives.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Brenda, I think if there's even a remote chance he will fall and it's not safe for you or him...he isn't coming until adequate care is in place!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2019, 07:11 PM
brenda stick to your guns regards the care plan. they should not be releasing him until this is in place I know from experience with mum and then Gill and the problems Peter had.
The hospital will release them if at all possible even telling you care package is in place when it isn't Peter had to keep checking back with the Social services who would tell him it wasn't yet in place.
You need to be tough for your sake and OH's.

Kazz I agree with the maybe take some time for yourself you have nursed your mum and other family members you have and still look out for. Keep an eye on him and give support but be careful how much you do. sometimes we have to be selfish for our own health mentally and physically.

Hope everyone is doing ok.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Brenda Just plain tell them you want him to go into a care home for rehabilitation; as you are basically leading separate lives. I had 4 failed discharges with my Aunt before I got it down to a fine art.

Been out for a lovely meal the Butlers Arms, and came out to torrential rain. Had a good chat and like you Chris put the World to rights.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Trouble is Kazz after 48 years of marriage I feel I can't do that. I will just have to wait and see what happens. Pleased to hear you had a good time out. Night all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 11:43 PM
I don't know if it helps, Brenda, but when my mum collapsed in her home the first time, she had 6 weeks in a nursing home for rehabilitation.

She lived on her own, but my sister was at her house roughly 8-10 hours every day, but they wanted to be sure she would be able to cope at home even though my sister said she'd move in if necessary until she was back on her feet.

It may be an option for you to ask about. You've nothing to lose and, perhaps, a lot to gain.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2019, 08:29 AM
I have wondered about that Chris as I know one of his sisters had to be in a home for a few weeks after a fall. My problem is transport if they do do that. Also it is Christmas which should I suppose mean something, shouldn't it? I will ask what's what today when I phone again. My voice is going though as now gone down with a grotty cold. Haven't had one for more than a year as I am quite a healthy person, touch wood, and so is hubby usually. I feel for him but as said we have sort of drifted apart from doing things together. Anyway nuff said. Thanks everyone again for your support and input.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3