Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 05:15 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 23rd October,2021

Good morning all, hope you and your doggie friends are all ok.
Lynn hope you had a good night with Dillon and that he is doing ok now.

Have a good day all, take care and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2021, 06:58 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Not so good Moyra regards him waking us at around midnight half past midnight last night then going outside for an hours sleep, but when he comes in he does settle as long as whoever is up remains on the sofa sleeping.
He will then happily sleep till 6.30 7.00 am.
Meeting Michael for coffee later seems funny not typing Margaret in and doing some shopping on the way other than that a quiet Saturday.
Oh yes forgot to mention Gorden got his revised retirement figures Tuesday and the difference in Money from retiring March or September is not a lot so we decided why wait and he will retire end of March 2022.
My other brother who we are now in touch with again and who we were speaking to at the meal back in September and discussing this with it was the first question he asked when we met in the car park Wednesday about Gorden retiring. He was pleased he is doing it so was Diane his wife.
Michael was to when we were all here discussing it Thursday.

Kazz hope you are not feeling to rough today.
Sue busy at the house again this weekend I am guessing. Hope it all goes well if you are.
griff hope all is quiet on the neighbour front.
Chris hoping your neck is a little easier and that Gary has settled down.
brenda hope you are feeling well.

Stay safe everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 07:46 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

It would seem Dillon has got into a routine with his sleeping pattern and maybe feels insecure if one of you is not with him at night

You guessed right Lynn at the house for the next three days as Ben has Monday off. Doubt if we will get there earlier than usual though. Once the builders have finished. will try and get there during the week for a few hours to get all the painting done. Top floor nearly finished so only ground and first to do Once the plumber has finished in the kitchen we can get that finished as only needs another coat on the walls and one on the ceiling.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 09:27 AM
Morning all
Lynn, pleased Dillon will settle as long as one of you are with him.....also pleased gorden is retiring in march, life is very very short and it should be enjoyed.
Sue.....busy weekend for you again!! You should get an echo dot and put it in his bedroom on the loudest setting and just stream classical music until he gets up!!
Kazz, Hoping you are feeling better today.
Just went to take the dogs down and feed them, mum is now fine...she told me as I was putting a mask on....I told her well I am not!! I have a Terrible sore throat so I masked up, sanitised my hands, fed the dogs and wiped down everything I touched and came back upstairs with my dad announcing he thought he was going to die last night as he was boiling hot....he had his jab yesterday so was most likely that. I have shut my bedroom door so if I want to sleep I can.
Lynn .....yes, since I went round there's only been one door slamming incident and that was from the mother, not sure why your neighbour losing their temper and threatening contact with the letting agent should actually make you step in and do something with your daughter's behaviour
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 11:23 AM
Good afternoon all.

Feeling rough but not too good. But getting by

Lynn Excellent news about the figures working to what you want, have a lovely meetup with Michael. Nice you are now back in touch with your other brother - may be just the right time for Michael as well another safe harbour.

Moyra How do you feel?

Griff Hope you feel better later.

Sue Have fun at the house; sounds like its galloping on. Did he find a table?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 12:50 PM
Thanks Kazz for asking just a little bit better so the antibiotics must be working! I hope you are ok now too. I find it difficult to keep up. Lynn, Dillon certainly seems to have got into the habit of having one of you with him during the night. Pleased Gordon is going to take early retirement, life is too short not to. Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Moyra, have you had the same bug as kazz?? It sounds nasty
I am pretty certain mine is side effects from my jab, I remember being really poorly after my first one..... can't believe I have to do it again!
Dad's upstairs in his room with no dog, I am in my room with Kota ( so I have to keep getting up to let her out) and mum is in the living room with deags. I went in the give deags her medication and said "so you are better then?" She was saying her breathing is bad ..was fine first thing and fine when I just went in, I just said "oh I thought you said you didn't have anything? Quite obviously you do then" miraculously her breathing is now fine again......hmmmm
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 05:46 PM
Good evening all.

It sounds like the dreaded lurgy is striking with a vengeance. I hope everyone who has it is feeling better soon no matter which variety it is.

I was wrong. The doctor did phone back at 5.30 pm yesterday and booked me in for 6.05 pm. Bit of a rush but got there with two minutes to spare. He did some checks and said straight to A&E and if we couldn't drive we must call 999. Put the wind up me proper

Got to A&E just before 7 pm. Send Dave home as I could see it would be a long night. Bloods and cat scan and both ruled out what my doctor thought. However the A&E doc came up with other alternatives so said he'd booked my an appointment with the consultant in the Emergency Dept today so they could do an MRI. So, got out of the hospital at 3.08 am. Rang Dave and it took him an hour 30 to get there as the road was closed for a bad accident that he had to wait to clear. Got home at 5.30 am and had to be up at 8 am to stop Gary getting ready for the flu clinic because there wasn't time to take him.

Got to the Emergency Department today and they had no record of an appointment and no notes. So after I glared and explained I was operating on less than 2 hours sleep, they sent for the notes and I was put in the waiting room. Four pm when I got out. No MRI, just steroids, a promised appointment with Rheumatology and a possible biopsy to follow. To say I was rather p****d is an understatement.

A&E was, er, interesting. Two police officers, one male, one female, brought in a drunk Polish guy who was under arrest. The guy was refusing to give them his address. After about 10 minutes, he went ballistic and the two officers could barely hold him. They radioed for assistance and no less than 12 officers turned up. After 10 minutes of them standing around watching the action, 10 of them shot off the the road accident that Dave got stuck in

It's all go in A&E

Gary is over his strop (all about the camera again).
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all.

It sounds like the dreaded lurgy is striking with a vengeance. I hope everyone who has it is feeling better soon no matter which variety it is.

I was wrong. The doctor did phone back at 5.30 pm yesterday and booked me in for 6.05 pm. Bit of a rush but got there with two minutes to spare. He did some checks and said straight to A&E and if we couldn't drive we must call 999. Put the wind up me proper

Got to A&E just before 7 pm. Send Dave home as I could see it would be a long night. Bloods and cat scan and both ruled out what my doctor thought. However the A&E doc came up with other alternatives so said he'd booked my an appointment with the consultant in the Emergency Dept today so they could do an MRI. So, got out of the hospital at 3.08 am. Rang Dave and it took him an hour 30 to get there as the road was closed for a bad accident that he had to wait to clear. Got home at 5.30 am and had to be up at 8 am to stop Gary getting ready for the flu clinic because there wasn't time to take him.

Got to the Emergency Department today and they had no record of an appointment and no notes. So after I glared and explained I was operating on less than 2 hours sleep, they sent for the notes and I was put in the waiting room. Four pm when I got out. No MRI, just steroids, a promised appointment with Rheumatology and a possible biopsy to follow. To say I was rather p****d is an understatement.

A&E was, er, interesting. Two police officers, one male, one female, brought in a drunk Polish guy who was under arrest. The guy was refusing to give them his address. After about 10 minutes, he went ballistic and the two officers could barely hold him. They radioed for assistance and no less than 12 officers turned up. After 10 minutes of them standing around watching the action, 10 of them shot off the the road accident that Dave got stuck in

It's all go in A&E

Gary is over his strop (all about the camera again).
Bl**dy heck Chris you live life to the full. Nigh time AE is not for the faint hearted.

Have a good nights sleep and a very scary initial GP visit.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 06:26 PM
Awwww Chris, what a blooming ordeal and then to say you hadn't got an appointment....ooooo, I would have erupted!!! I hope they get your appointment to rheumatology quickly, if they don't get in touch quickly, call the hospital and just ask for the rheumatology dept ....the staff on the department reception are usually more helpful than calling the drs to try and chase.
I am relieved Gary is over his strop and so sorry it's about the camera again, do you think it's concerning this girl again??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >