View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Lynn maybe he is simply bored of you and Gorden LOL and would run for cover if I felt up to it.

But seriously mental stimulation is a brilliant way to get a dog to sleep
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2021, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Kazz the findings from the vet were inconclusive what ever that means? But the lump in question will be removed. Thanks for asking.
Well inconclusive is better than positive, removing is a good idea
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-10-2021, 03:50 PM
We will see Kazz if it helps tonight.
We have never had trouble with him sleeping before we used to walk a long way especially when we moved here but his poor old legs cannot do it now.
He use to have lots of sniffs along the way that helps mentally tire them out but most we are out now is 15 mins 20 is very rare these days he does a lot of sniffing still when out but not enough to wear his brain out.
Or it is possible we are in the early stages of dementia.
It's become the norm sleeping every other night on the sofa.

Hope the neighbour stays quiet griff.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2021, 05:23 PM
Lynn would what I hear is called a snuffle rug/matt help? for Dillon not you. LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-10-2021, 05:57 PM
Think I could do with one Kazz.
Haven't tried one of those but have tried so many other things and nothing worked so might be worth a try.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2021, 06:48 PM
Had a nightmare, I set up the camera before I left and the dog was barking... usually she will settle down quickly...she didn't so I rung my nice neighbour when I was out and apologised...she said not to worry, I checked in on the dog a few times and she had quietened down, then she had started again...worse than before, I have never ever had this with her. I know what's caused it...she is no longer left alone because my mum refuses to go out or go back to work in the office.....I have spoken to my mum and basically said that she either starts going out so I can get the dog used to being left ( if I take Ill when they are on holiday or have a medical appointment I can now no longer go) I said if she doesn't go out that the holidays will have to stop....so she actually turned round and said the Holidays will stop!! She said we will discuss it when she gets back, I just said there's nothing to discuss. There's no reason why she can't go out, absolutely no reason at all! Basically what little bit of life I had has now been ruined by her and her "issues" she has actually caused separation anxiety in a dog who never had it!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2021, 08:08 PM
Where is you Mom tonight then Griff?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2021, 09:54 PM
On holiday...but that's the only time she goes out, she's refusing to return to the office at work, rarely goes out with her friend and if she has to go to a medical appointment....she will only go on a Saturday or Monday so my dad will take her....I literally have no idea why she won't go out, everytime we try to raise it she snaps at us and it ends up in a huge row, dad has tried to find out why she won't go out and gets absolutely nowhere, likewise I have tried, I have told her she either sorts it out...if she can go on holiday, she can go out or.....no more holidays and she can stay in permanently. I am unable to address the SA until she goes out, I have just bought new Kong's, diffusers etc and that's cost me £60 that I don't have spare
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2021, 10:48 PM
Hi all

Drizzly day today so we ditched having a coffee at McD's at the end of our walk.

Kelly, could the problem not be going out as such, but going out alone? Maybe anxiety is playing a part and no amount of cajoling, shouting or shooing her out the door will work if that's the case

Sue, do you ever stop? You sound just like my sister. Busy, busy, busy all the time
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2021, 11:12 PM
I don't know Chris, if she didn't feel comfortable going on her own I would hope she would say. I know she is terrified of going back into hospital but, covid is here to stay and we just have to do what we can to stay safe. I don't know if that's why she is o.k going on holiday because people have to be tested, the rooms are fogged etc, none of us can get a proper answer out of her, she keeps saying that the medication she takes puts her at increased risk of covid but I have looked it up and read it out to her and done it several times when she says about it and it doesn't increase her risk at all, then she will go down the lines of she has an auto immune condition...yes she does but that has literally no bearing on covid as she's not on treatment and it's only a thyroid issue.... hopefully I can get her to go out even just once a week for an hour would be helpful
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2