View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 02:01 PM
The book is certainly a tear jerker. Will look for the other one. I think Melanie has been there well over 20 years. I know she is now an American citizen. The sun is really hot here being behind glass and also warm out. Typical lovely autumn. Is Rosie bringing up anything? It could be kennel cough it's the time of year for it. Have a good rest of the day peeps.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 03:31 PM
Well, my little Princess is fully back to herself. It was food she brought up so I'm guessing it was something she ate that she shouldn't

She's eating like a horse today, but with her belly fully emptying in the afternoon and evening yesterday, that's hardly surprising.

Gary is also just about 'mended' now too.

Beautiful day here. One where we would have normally done our very long walk rather than a very short one, but hey ho, my little girl got a lot of TLC and she's thankfully OK so all is well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2021, 04:13 PM
Been a lovely day here to, I love the sunny days in Autumn makes winter a little shorter.
Great news Chris Rosie is better and Gary to.
Longer walk tomorrow hopefully.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 05:07 PM
Well finished book, cried buckets at end. Still they say it cleans the windows to the soul. Pleased to hear Rosie is better. How's Dillon? And not forgetting Teazle. Oh and Dakota and Deagues. And Gert. Have I forgotten any?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2021, 06:09 PM
I don't think so brenda. Very cathartic a good cry.
Dillon not doing to bad at the moment, the Vivitonin are miracle workers.
Legs still wonky especially when walking and he is venturing a little further but you can tell by the time we are home his hips are sore and tired and that works down his legs.
He is enjoying a very short tug game after tea to.
So he will see 10 which at the end of August we didn't think he would. If the legs can keep going it's looking positive for Christmas to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 06:43 PM
Evening all... present company excluded, people are pr*cks...I say no more
Brenda, my pair are a pair of nobs and bug me immensely
Kazz......I am not too far away, I should be able to find my way over to you should you need help. Errrrrmmmm, which car?? Z4 o.k, 3 series... well who knows, Jag I deal with this week
I bought a new mower, dad built it.... apparently it doesn't work ( he overpulled it!!) Huge arguments, I basically spent £200 on something I shouldn't have to . No idea what's crawled up my mum's arse but I don't want anything to do with either of them... can't wait until Thursday, I am sorely thinking of leaving my phone behind, taking the dogs and chipping off
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Evening griff I won't say good evening it sounds miles away from being a good day.
Do hope things start to improve tomorrow.

Had a call from Michael I was going to phone him tomorrow. He wanted to know when the pub we are having the wake at was open for lunches he wants to go for lunch before next week, asked me if I ws able to go tomorrow.
I am not felt dreadful having to say no. Little car in for mot. We like to keep the big car on the drive in case of Dillon emergency.
I did say any other day but Margaret's daughter is over again Wednesday and Thursday so I suggested going with Linda, I am sure she would like to see the place before next week.
Now I have my guilt complex going on. Thought I had got past this after mum.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 07:57 PM
Lynn...my problems are minor
For what it's worth, life continues after someone has passed and as much as we would like to drop things and say yes ... it's not always practical, I am sure Michael will understand....if you feel really bad, would he be able to come pick you up??? Or is that too much for him?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2021, 08:05 PM
Bit to much for him griff we have loads of road improvements going on and diversions and he gets stressed if he cannot come the way he knows.

I have other things going on to so it's not just the car situation. He has probably already moved on but I find it very hard to say no to people. The joys of being made to feel guilty by your mum, especially after dad died.
I have to get on with people telling me no or quietly ignoring when I need some help not so much now but when I did.
It's something I need to address should of done it a long time ago bit late now I think just something I deal with.

I don't think anything that makes us sad or angry is minor if something upsets you or makes you feel desperately unhappy it is relevant but just different to problems of others.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 11:47 PM
Ahhh, I see Lynn. I doubt it will make you feel any better but you will have helped him beyond belief in helping to sort out the funeral etc so please don't be too hard on yourself
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2