Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2021, 07:25 AM

Overcast Thursday 7th October

Good morning everyone

Dull here this morning. Teazle walked and veg done for lunch. Waiting for instructions to head over to Ben's house for the washer/dryer delivery. Went over last night and they have still not moved the hood up which needs to be done so that we can get the splash back in and the templating for the worktops is tomorrow. Also found that the carpenter has fitted the wardrobes but unfortunately you can't hang the doors as the skirting he has put across the bottom stops the door from fitting properly and also the sides prevent the door opening without rubbing. Ben is not best pleased with his work to say the least and sent a message late last night to tell them it needs to be sorted asap. Will see the outcome when I am over there.

Hope all are well. Take care.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2021, 07:54 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow. Yep overcast here and a bit damp. Have been for my wander. Hope they sort out the problems soon Sue for you and Ben. Hate things that aren't done properly especially the amount that it costs to do. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2021, 08:42 AM
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.
Nice and sunny here today. Have my niece and husband coming later this afternoon to stay the night, they are down from Kent to visit Michael for two days.
Margaret's daughter has one of the spare rooms and the other one has stuff all over the bunk beds. I am sure maybe Linda could of cleared a space so they could of stayed there but no matter always welcome here.
It's just that it's at least a 35 min drive to here then they re back again in the morning before leaving later to get back to Kent.
So another busy day sorting beds.
Hoping for a quieter day next week, I have sorted the venue and food for the wake for them.

Sue hope the things that need sorting get sorted in time for the next jobs to go ahead Sue. So annoying when one job holds up other jobs.

Have a nice day everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2021, 02:25 PM
Afternoon all
Finally spoken to the people about my mower.... it's knackered, just ordered a new one, I was going to wait and save the money up for next year but I am hoping to get the lawn done...if it's here before it rains again
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2021, 03:11 PM
Good afternoon all.

Nightmare day that I won't go into as I'm trying to destress at the moment.

Sue, I think your lad has the same workmen we had when we were renovating his (new to him) house. The whole thing was a nightmare and we had to nag and nag and nag to get things done properly. Not something you should have to do, but seems to be very common in todays workforce.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2021, 05:05 PM
Ahhhh Chris, have a hug my lovely xx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2021, 06:18 PM
Evening all really struggling have a virus boy do I know it spoke to a friend this morning she said it made her feel worse than covid had.... Ekkkkk have lost my voice and such a sore throat and oh that's enough I am off to bed again.

Chris Hope all sorts itself out.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Kazz, you can have a hug too
Is it that cough and cold that's going around? That's pretty nasty by all accounts, dad came back with a sore throat and a bit of a cough...he was sent upstairs out of the way and had a lateral flow test the next day
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2021, 08:20 PM
Think so Griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2021, 08:23 PM
Oh gosh, hope you feel better soon, rest up and try to get plenty of sleep