Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
You really need to pull your head out of the dark orifice it is in and stop trying to tell everyone you are right and they are wrong.

Having run a boarding kernels in the county they are named after for 21 years I only ever had one that was out and out nasty to a person and that was sent home with an hour of arriving. Sometimes we could have as many as 20 staffs in at a time. Yes some were dog aggressive but easily managed as they did not mix with other dogs so not a problem but to us they were loving and full of mischief and most of the time we could be strangers to them. I and my younger son have sat inside a kennel of a dog petrified of fireworks or thunder and not once would they attacked us, they just seemed grateful we would let them sit on us.

I don't like to get involved in threads like this but you have tested me to my limit Pleas go away and leave us alone so that we can help people who ask for it.

Tell her that I am wrong http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3839764155.jpg

Wrong are the fools who continue to let that happen.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Same picture yet again!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Oh dear if you read the daily mail and believe it there is no hope.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh dear if you read the daily mail and believe it there is no hope.
Seriously. I'm American and even *I* know not to trust the daily mail.

That being said, I suspect this person is one of the "dogsbite.org" minions. There's a whole group of devoted followers that scour the internet for posts about dog attacks and go after anyone who says it isn't a breed problem. They are a nasty piece of work. And the website was started by a woman with a vendetta -- a woman who did something STUPID and got bitten, if she was even bitten as it seems most of her injuries came from startling a dog who knocked her to the ground, and then went on a rampage against the breed she THOUGHT the dog was instead of realizing she was a complete idiot.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Seriously. I'm American and even *I* know not to trust the daily mail.

That being said, I suspect this person is one of the "dogsbite.org" minions. There's a whole group of devoted followers that scour the internet for posts about dog attacks and go after anyone who says it isn't a breed problem. They are a nasty piece of work. And the website was started by a woman with a vendetta -- a woman who did something STUPID and got bitten, if she was even bitten as it seems most of her injuries came from startling a dog who knocked her to the ground, and then went on a rampage against the breed she THOUGHT the dog was instead of realizing she was a complete idiot.

Sounds like this idiot fits that bill .
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
Ok so in the USA we do not have Nannies, what you call a Nanny we call either a babysitter or childcare. Here is what befuddles me, some really ignorant and possibly mentally ill person dubbed a dog bred to kill as a Nanny. It's a joke, it was a joke, however there are Grandmothers who seem to believe this nonsense and are having these dogs watch their grandchildren, until the dog eats the child. Yet the UK bans American bull terriers and lets English terriers continue to eat English kids. I have solved the problem, which is that the English people minus those whose children have been eaten, actually believe that this evil child killing dog is suitable to be a Nanny, thus will do nothing.

PS These dogs choose children because they are scared opportunist who will always choose the least likely to resist the attack which is always a child, wolves use the same tactic on deer fawns.

Nanny...Really
it is obvious you do not know what the Staffordshire bull terrier was bred for.
So let me enlighten you

This breed of dog had one purpose originally and that was to drive bulls by nipping at their ankles

"Yet the UK bans American bull terriers and lets English terriers continue to eat English kids." unquote

I have to say I don't think I have ever heard of such a stupid statement in all my 71 years 45 of them spent with dogs.

Next you say quote" Yet the UK bans American bull terriers " unquote

Wrong again, the ban is on pit bulls which is classed under the dangerous dogs act. No such ban on American bull terriers. Seems to me you are very confused over bull terrier breed types.

it is so obvious to anyone who has worked /owned/ bred/studied/ worked with/ trained a Staffordshire bull terrier how little you actually know about the breed.

Maybe you should learn a little more first and get hands on experience before coming out with such rubbish.

The article you quote from was NOT a pure bred SBT but a crossbreed if you care to study the animal more carefully. The press are ignorant in the main and class any dog that resembles an SBT as one

Let me quote from the UK kennel Club

The Staffordshire is one of the most popular of all the terriers. With the human race, he is kindness itself, and his genuine love of children is well known. He is descended from a cross between the Bulldog and a terrier, and thus combines the temperaments of the two breeds. - See more at: http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/serv....SQodQe0c.dpuf
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Same picture yet again!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3839764155.jpg Anyone who mocks this child or incident and denies that the dog that did this is from a violent breed (since the particular breed is actually killing people) needs psychological help.

Have you no compassion for the wounded child, would you speak to this little girl or her parents this way?

Deny Deny Deny
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Oh dear Oh dear, again just one view point. I ask myself what was the child doing to the dog in the first place? If that child was tormenting the dog as they often will do. What were the parents doing leaving a young child alone with the dog in the first place.

it is so easy to blame an animal who can't answer back.
Get the true facts first before coming to a conclusion which I strongly suspect is wrong. I suspect it is not a true SBT but a crossbreed anyway

This is so typical of an ignorant person how jumps first and regrets later.
I have handled more SBT,s than most and I have never yet come across one that has even made an effort to hurt

Study a true SBT and not some mongrel bred for other purpose, generally used both people with little ability to look after themselves.

This is so typical of a kiddy annoying a dog while grownups look on. No wonder a dog will only put up with so much

Ok the dog tollerated the annoying toddler but why did the grownups allow it to carry on so long. Just one example of poor ownership and the dog always gets the blame
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2016, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Oh dear Oh dear, again just one view point. I ask myself what was the child doing to the dog in the first place? If that child was tormenting the dog as they often will do. What were the parents doing leaving a young child alone with the dog in the first place.

it is so easy to blame an animal who can't answer back.
Get the true facts first before coming to a conclusion which I strongly suspect is wrong. I suspect it is not a true SBT but a crossbreed anyway

This is so typical of an ignorant person how jumps first and regrets later.
I have handled more SBT,s than most and I have never yet come across one that has even made an effort to hurt

Study a true SBT and not some mongrel bred for other purpose, generally used both people with little ability to look after themselves.

This is so typical of a kiddy annoying a dog while grownups look on. No wonder a dog will only put up with so much

Ok the dog tollerated the annoying toddler but why did the grownups allow it to carry on so long. Just one example of poor ownership and the dog always gets the blame
Tell the parents of this child http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3839764155.jpg

Or dig this woman up from her grave and tell her http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...mauled-3901977

And tell the poodle on medication for it's wounds http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/s...ogs_heres_why/

Then tell this 6 year old girl http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...unds-face.html

Now the real kicker, Google has 106,000 results for staffie kills child. All you are proving is that no staffie owner should be trusted with the care of a child, ever, but you can't see that because you never looked into the face of death like these people have.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

25-05-2016, 09:02 AM
The Crusade of hate marches on unabated.
A crusade against a breed of dog you have never even met.
I think you should be banned from this site.
Not for your opinions which you are perfectly entitled to but you don't even read peoples replies to you, just straight into your next rant.

I have avoided commenting on what I believe happened in these cases.
I have never said the child, the adult or the dog is to blame, because I wasn't there so can't offer an opinion.
You however who also wasn't there have all the facts gleaned from Newspapers who repeatedly get the breed wrong. Any old mix can be referred to as a Staffie even if they have no staffie in them at all.
You resort to abuse whenever we disagree. I have no need of psychological help but thanks for your concern.
I have owned a Staffie for the past 9 years but apparently you know more about their traits than I do, You who has never even met a Staffie, of course you do as you are an authority on all things dog, yet continue to show your ignorance in every post you make on whatever topic.
New members asking for help have their thread hijacked by you, because it's all about you and your dog. Every type of thread you reply to goes exactly the same way, you have never once posted a helpful comment to anyone.
Page 2 of 57 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 > Last »