register for free

Dog News

Investigation launched after deer was attacked by police dog

...has received 30 comments (page 3)
rosbour
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Still no comment about this happens to be private land?
rosbour
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Sorry smokey bear I was not aware dogs hunt prey . seeing as I have a hunting dog! Like i stated earlier this was on private land, the owner of the GSD seemed to do everything right, he phoned the vet, what more could he do?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I am not sure what the relevance is of private land?

There is LOTS of private land which the public have access to..............................
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-03-2012, 09:08 PM
no different to a pet dog killing a rabbit, or rat or bird.
to a dog prey is prey
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I supose it must be like watching a roll of twenties blow past and be asked to leave them, one day you just might not feel like it...
rosbour
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Really smokey bear, I know many a farmer and don't know any that allow the public on there land without permission? I may have to change my identity to squaw so we understand each other better! :0)
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-03-2012, 09:53 PM
public foot paths,
and some farmers have areas like woodlands or lakes that they give people free access to
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 10:00 PM
A deer nearly killed me some years ago! Unfortunately the deer got killed instead. It leapt right into the path of my VW Camper from the opposite side of the road, as I was driving home from Dorset to Berks. Frit the life out of me and almost wrote the camper off.

That was when I found out that there is no requirement to report such incidents (unlike if you hit a dog) because the first thing I did when I got home was phone the police to report it.

They said I should have slung it in the camper and sold it to the local butcher! Yeah I am sure my then young kids would have loved to have a dead animal in the back with them.

Anyway it kind of bounced back off the camper - had hit it at windscreen level and I couldn't actually see where it was. Sure shook me up though and I REALLY had a job to control the vehicle.
rosbour
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah I have come across deer in Scotland, on the road, (family currently looking after a deer farm) funny how police said that to you but are supposedly investigating this particular incident ! It's not Like the dog was running amok, but... As a lover of all animals shame for the deer, if It was my land case would be closed, end of!!
rosbour
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Ps by the time you had done your journey, the deer would have been no use to a butcher unless you slit it's throat so the venison is not spoilt, silly bobbys!!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top