Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-10-2009, 01:26 PM

How safe is YOUR castle ?

Well, my property is absolutely immune from intrusion.
How is your`s ? I no longer need to use our burglar alarm.

My previous GS would not have let a foot inside the door that was not invited.

My current Rottie, Gee Whiz I would not advise any pilfering pox-ridden intruder to even think about it, go elsewhere chum. My Kaiser would not take prisoners and neither would I.

Age is no complimentary ticket to criminal activity in my book. A 5 year old finger on the trigger kills just as well as a forty year old finger. I shoot first and ask questions later.
Better to be in the dock answering the old beaks stupid questions, than laying in a wooden box.

John Bull
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:35 PM
safe enough,

that said, a kid could rob me, they are very fond of little people,

Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:37 PM
I think my house is pretty safe with Rio, as she's shaping up to being a good little guard. Dandy is still very much a puppy in his head so he wouldn't have a clue what to do if there was an intruder - other than run and hide! When fully mature however, an Estrela will guard his property and family with his life.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:41 PM
There are less than 10 people who my boys would let in the garden and house.

Anyone else would be very ill advised to even try the gate...

We've not trained them to be 'guard dogs', nor do we actively encourage it, but they are very protective of us humans and their house!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:41 PM
dylan is an excellent house dog as he barks whenever anyone knocks on the door. he sounds like a big nasty wolf!

lily is just starting to pick up on strange noises outside but all she does is a closed mouth bark which doesn't sound scary at all!
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
safe enough,

that said, a kid could rob me, they are very fond of little people,

Shona my love,

Kids `aint got any free passage in my play area, they would get the same treatment as Satan himself, from my beloved Kaiser or myself. And quite rightly so.

Crime has no eternal age restrictive blessing that I know of.
Kids of 7 years old in Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan have killed ordinary people and military personnel indiscriminately. Golden rule of survival - blow their heads off before they blow yours off.

Those lovely Ridgebacks know their job to perfection in Africa.
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-10-2009, 01:55 PM
You don`t need a trained guard dog. Any house dog would guard it`s property and owners, obviously the bigger the dog the more impact and damage capability it will have.

Some breeds are genetically inherent in being "guard" dogs as you well know and they will give their lives for you. That is the most tear-jerking thing about dogs.

I feel so very humbled and borderline ashamed that an animal can protect me and my property to that extent. I would never ask an animal to do that, in fact it is me who would give my life for it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I would be very worried if my rotties showed aggression to children, sorry but I would,
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I think our house is quite safe.

Honey whippett pup barks like mad when someone steps near the door thats before they knock, kobe doberman x beagle he will probably roll over for tickle tummy if anyone got in.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Well having two large GSDs (as well as two noisy collies!) in the house, I feel pretty safe
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >