Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
trotter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2009, 07:08 AM

information in mating dogs

hi ai am new to this forum i am looking for some advice my dog as mated and stayed together after for 5 mins there was no tie can anyone tell me if this can still result in pregnancy thanks hope someone can help me
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 07:50 AM
What do you mean by stayed together of there was no tie and YES
trotter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2009, 09:36 AM
i have mated my border terrier twice they were together 5 mins after but dint tie i was told pregnancy couldnt happen without it but im pleased to see it can her last mating was on 17th january she is going tonite for the last time is there any early signs that show she may have concieved thanks
trotter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2009, 11:11 AM
he stayed inside her then got off but there was no tie we went to a good breeder we no it was finished but failed to knot wil hav to see what happen just happy theres a chance she could be pregnant
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 12:11 PM
With our first litter we had no tie on both occassions that we took her to the stud dog. She ended up having 8 puppies (6 lived).
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes, from all the research I have done into breeding, it seems to me that pregnancy can result - tie or not

What breed is your dog, if you don't mind me asking
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I may be wrong, but i believe the breed is a Border Terrier!
trotter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2009, 04:41 PM
border terrier
trotter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2009, 06:13 AM
i mated my border terrier again last nite this was her last time same happened again the mated fully but didnt yie wil just have to wait and see and keep my fingers crossed it will be her first litter so im a little nervous wen can i take her to vets to confirm pregnancy by ultra sounds cheers
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Hopefully, your girl has taken. You can take your girl to the Vets at around four-five weeks for an ultrasound scan. However, don't expect too much from that. I took my girl and they said she was expecting one pup and I could feel myself by about week seven that there were two! I knew myself by the four/five week stage that she was preggers anyway, as she had all the signs. Not sure if I would bother with an ultrasound in the future.

Having said all that, my breed is Chihuahuas, scanning may be different for other breeds (Chi pups being so tiny I mean) so perhaps someone else will be able to offer more info for scanning of Border litters.

Best of luck
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »