View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 07:10 PM

Kennel club and rescue listings: breed rescue must be associated with breed club, why

why do the kennel club insist that a breed rescue must be associated with a breed club to have a listing with them total nonsense the breeders in the club do not want to have anything to do with rescue dogs. are homechecks carried out by breeders when they sell pups NO so who is more responsible the people working for rescue or the breeders and after working in this for 6 yrs now I have even had breeders re-homing bitches because they are too old to breed with so where are the dog lovers here the caring breeders are VERY few and far between it seems crazy that the kc think the breeders are more important than all you out there that give up your time to do homechecks and move dogs thy really are not living in the real worldthanks to all of you that have heped so far and remember your help is always needed to anyone who wants to give it the boxer welfare covers all of scotland so if you think that you can offer any help please get in touch thanks Lorraine.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-01-2005, 07:22 PM
hi Lorraine, welcome

Are there a lot of boxers in rescue at the moment in Scotland?
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 07:39 PM
quite a few
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi carole, If you feel you could help boxer welfare in any way, please pm lorriane
Carole
Supervisor

14-01-2005, 08:01 PM
poor dogs I hate to think of them without homes.

Not sure if I could be any help with boxer welfare but will keep checking the site when its up and running and see if I can do anything to help.
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Everything Lorraine said is true (in Scotland), Lorraine tried & tried to get help with rehoming & rescuing but all the people who hold the funds for the boxer rescue, dictate how the money should be used, how much to charge for every dog,
These breeders want to be affilated with a rescue because it looks good on paper, they don`t help to rescue or rehome in anyway, I find this disgusting.
I can phone the KC and register as a breeder, no checks, nothing but when I tried to list Boxer Welfare with KC they tell me we could be anyone setting up and that we need to join a breeders club to get a listing,

We are the ones who vet homes do breeders? not many if at all.
We do not make money from rescuing & rehoming, we get all the boxers that breeders are not interested in.

What I said may offend some people and I apologise, this is my personal opinion given my own experience in rescuing & rehoming in scotland. yvonne
Carole
Supervisor

14-01-2005, 08:23 PM
I had noticed that there was not a "scottish boxer rescue" anymore
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
I had noticed that there was not a "scottish boxer rescue" anymore
There is now Boxer Welfare Scotland yvonne
Carole
Supervisor

14-01-2005, 10:04 PM
thats good cause Scotland needs one
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi Lorraine and Yvonne, good luck with all the hard work you do. It is rewarding in the end.
Tracie
Staffie Rescue
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >