Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alyssarenee_17
New Member!
Female 

08-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Jealous or Overprotective Pup?

Hi I have 2 german shepherd mixes they are a brother and sister from the same litter. The male, Bane, is a big boy at 100 lbs and the girl, Mazzy, is a bit smaller. They get along great and always have. I have been bringing them to our local dog park since they got all of their shots so they would be socialized properly. They never had a problem until they were around 8 months and there was a pit mix there that my girl did not like it was very odd she had never been "aggressive" in her barking ever before and it was just with that one dog. Now when I take my dogs to the dog park I have to take her around back and then into a separate area where she can run around for awhile sometimes another owner will bring their dog in there and Ill talk with them and they are generally very cool about the while situation because they know she won't hurt their dog. She just gets all up in their face barking. It is very odd but half the time her tail is still wagging and she'll walk away and be fine and then walk next to the dog and then she will start barking again. She tends to do better when her brother is not around, he is a bit of an instigator. What I mean by that is he is a big dope but he likes to dominate other dogs and my girl will "yell" at him for it. or he will go and play with her and get her riled up. She is 100% fine around other people and tends to like them more than dogs. I don't understand what could have changed to make her wary of other dogs or how I could possibly fix this. Help and tips would be much appreciated. PS: They are almost a year and 5 months old.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2017, 02:55 PM
They're growing up and asserting themselves.
What do you do while this is going on?