Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kitkat_ View Post
Its fine, I have accepted that I am on the run now and need to keep a low profile
<sigh>

Glad you think it is so funny, it only takes one jobsworth to apply the law & you would not be laughing.

If a dog warden can seize a chocolate labrador as a Pit Bull terrier type(As seen on TV the Lab had a pedigree as well)& keep it locked up for 2 weeks until it was declared not of the "type" or seize a KC registered SBT & have it found to be of the type & destroyed than they could decide to seize untagged dogs to up their figures of successful convictions.

The DW here is a jobsworth, she TOLD me(not asked)that as I kept ALL my dogs in the garden I had to take steps to stop them barking in their kennels ! The fact that they ALL live indoors(with access to the outside of course)& the one & only dog kennel hasn't been used in over 30 years for a dog was of no importance. She also told me some of my dogs had been seen roaming the village !! The Alsatians that is-strange no GSDs here in the last 6 years ! She told me that she was going to seize my dogs if she ever saw them off my property as they didn't wear tags on their collars because she had seen them( the collies that is) & they had no tags on their collars ! Doh fool obviously wasn't close enough to see their collar plates !!

Just hope you don't have a similar DW in your area & that you can continue to laugh on & break the law
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Well BSL/Section 1 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 doesnt quite work like that, if a dog is seized they spend around 1-2 weeks in kennels while they are deemed type or not, if you sign papers you dog can be destroyed straight away, if they are not type they can be taken home. If they are type again you can sign papers and have the dog destroyed or go to court and have your dog assessed and if it passes go on the exemption register which takes anything between 6-7 weeks (Sapphire and Cobalt) or 2 years+ (Lennox). No dog is taken and PTS unless you sign the papers saying they can do so, the dog does not pass behavioral assessments or you breach the rules of the exemption register.

I know one of the DWs in my area too and my doggy has never been in any danger of being taken. He is almost always on a lead as he can be reactive to other dogs, always wearing two tags, is microchipped etc. So I am always 100% in control of my dog and 100% responsible for him

Again, this thread is me asking where to buy a collar to attach his new fancy tags to, so he will have a collar and tag as well as a harness and tags!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 02:52 PM

Again, this thread is me asking where to buy a collar to attach his new fancy
tags to, so he will have a collar and tag as well as a harness and tags!
Oh don't be such a spoil sport and ruin the argument
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Oh don't be such a spoil sport and ruin the argument
Hehe okay...

I WILL NEVER EVER PUT A COLLAR AND TAG ON HIM! I SHALL FOREVER BE ON THE RUN FROM DA FEDS!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Kitkat_ View Post
...[snip]...
Again, this thread is me asking where to buy a collar to attach his new fancy tags to, so he will have a collar and tag as well as a harness and tags!
Your nearest pet shop?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I normally end up back on the internet googling when I need collars so many pretty designs out there and so few in the pet shops !
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2013, 04:44 PM
All my lot wear collars from http://www.quidopetz.com/products.html
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2013, 04:55 PM
I actually don't always use a collar on Tyler when walking. Bad I know! But I walk him with a slip lead and it's just become habit to slip it on/off without the need for a collar. However when we go away or walk in new areas he always wears his collar. It's just a plain old leather Sighthound collar in pale blue. My little dog always wears her collar and it's by Ditzy pet I must admit though, collars are a weakness of mine. Both mine have quite the collection, especially my little dog.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
All my lot wear collars from http://www.quidopetz.com/products.html
Wow they look nice really like the reindeers !
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4