10-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Ohhhh, I'm such a rebel!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Kitkat_ View Post

Which could lose you your dog is that really so funny ?????
snakeman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Me too then as I only ever use a harness with big Dave and his tag is attached to that..same with our bully..When we did use collars I liked the ezydog extra wide ones,quick to adjust and seem well made.
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Which could lose you your dog is that really so funny ?????
Okay so they are going to come and take my dog because he HAS AN ID TAG on his harness? Doubt it, at the worst I might be told to put it on a collar, but I highly doubt that will ever happen. It doesnt say anywhere that the tag cant be on a harness, it just refers to a collar, I guess thats because they are traditional/more common. Anyway the whole point of this thread was because I am buying him a collar ffs!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:38 PM
If the harness has a tag and the dog is under control I somehow doubt the dog warden or police will swoop in, they have more to deal with than people not having a collar I would imagine. Also we have a collar on Mollie but due to shape of her head and neck it falls off more often than it's on one of the main reasons we like a harness for her. So the harness is far safer as means to identify her if she was to stray.
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
If the harness has a tag and the dog is under control I somehow doubt the dog warden or police will swoop in, they have more to deal with than people not having a collar I would imagine. Also we have a collar on Mollie but due to shape of her head and neck it falls off more often than it's on one of the main reasons we like a harness for her. So the harness is far safer as means to identify her if she was to stray.
Exactly, Billy would easily get a collar off if he wanted, being a lurcher and all. He would never get his harness off.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Exactly, Billy would easily get a collar off if he wanted, being a lurcher and all. He would never get his harness off.

Lots of us have similar problems and although I don't have official figures I have never known anyone get into trouble.
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Its fine, I have accepted that I am on the run now and need to keep a low profile
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Sorry but you are wrong, the 1992 Act states a COLLAR & TAG & the Dog Wardens are within their legal rights to take action should they so wish(BTW don't think it won't happen, because it already has
Thanks, I thought it was Ok.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Its fine, I have accepted that I am on the run now and need to keep a low profile
If you ever need a safe house just yell LOL
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >