Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
We are very poorly coordinated LOL red harness on Mollie with different shade of red collar, pink and blue lead. Betty has pink harness, red and white collar and red and green lead.

Should have been more organised I guess still luckily neither seems to mind although I got their jumpers and coats out this morning and they both looked a bit insulted at the multi coloured jumpers and red hooded coats !
You missed a fashion shoot photo opportunity there!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Will try and get some piccies at some point - need to send a couple to Betty's breeder as she likes to see how they are getting on too. Just need to figure out how to get the pictures from the camera onto the forum after I have done it !
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=Mattie;2756320]In the UK all dogs have to wear a collar when outside with their owner's address on unless your dog is exempt for some reason.

I have Toffee disc on his harness. Is this OK.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Kitkat_ View Post
He has a address/phone number tag and a tag saying his is microchipped on his harness anyway, just want to get him a fancy tag and would be a shame to only have it on his harness. He has a red harness and lead but dont think I want a red collar, might go for black with some kind of pattern

His tag is going to have #greybeard written on it, poor poor dog lol
Your dog HAS to wear a collar & tag when in a public place(The Control of Dogs Order 1992)& a public place includes your car(following Regina V Harry Bates under the DDA which set a legal president), not a harness & tag

My dogs have boring webbing buckle collars with collar tags that are threaded onto the collar(no more lost tags)

Many people are not aware that the 1992 act(AKA DDA)is LAW & you are liable for a fine(or worse)if you do not comply.

My dogs wear collars 24/7 despite the fact that they are tattooed & microchipped.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:16 PM
[quote=Darcy Boy;2756335]
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
In the UK all dogs have to wear a collar when outside with their owner's address on unless your dog is exempt for some reason.

I have Toffee disc on his harness. Is this OK.
Duncan couldn't wear a collar because he had a throat problem, vet advised that if it was ever queried he would vouch for us that Duncs needed to be exempted.

So it depends if it's choice or medical need I believe.
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:18 PM
At the end of the day he has a tag on him at all times when he is out, whether it is round his neck or on his back (which is more visible and easy to see) he has a tag so its all fine
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:23 PM
At the end of the day he has a tag on him at all times when he is out, whether it is round his neck or on his back (which is more visible and easy to see) he has a tag so its all fine
Sorry but you are wrong, the 1992 Act states a COLLAR & TAG & the Dog Wardens are within their legal rights to take action should they so wish(BTW don't think it won't happen, because it already has

Release Date: 28 July 2008

A Stonehouse man has been fined by Gloucester Magistrates after failing to ensure that his dog carried his name and address on its collar. The prosecution was brought by Stroud District Council.

Pietro Forgione (51) of Park Road was convicted of two offences. The court heard that on 23rd April, 2008, his husky was found by a member of the public in Kings Road, Stonehouse. The dog was wearing a collar but was not carrying its owner's name and address. On 19th May, the dog was found roaming at the Stroudwater Business Park.

On each occasion, the dog was taken Teckels Animal Shelter and collected later by Mr Forgiones' son. The magistrates fined Mr Forgione £600 on each charge (£1200 total) and ordered him to pay £100 towards Stroud District Council's costs and a £15 victim's surcharge. Mr Forgione did not attend Court and the cases were heard in his absence.

Mr Forgione was previously convicted of a similar offence by Cheltenham Magistrates in January, when he was fined £125.

Under the Control of Dogs Order 1992 and Animal Health Act 1981, owners must ensure that their dog wears a collar and tag with the owner's name and address at all times when in a public place. The penalty for not doing so is a fine of up to £5,000.

"Owners of dogs must understand that they have legal responsibilities," said Cllr Elisabeth Bird, Stroud District Council's Cabinet Member for the Environment. "We do our best to promote responsible dog ownership, but we will prosecute when owners flout the law - which is very clear."
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Okay, let them come get me for being such a naughty person and putting the tag on a harness

P.s. the example above the dog didnt have ANY tag so that isnt relevant
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Exemptions from the collar & tag are these:

Wearing of collars by dogs

2. (1) Subject to paragraph (2) below, every dog while in a highway or in a place of public resort shall wear a collar with the name and address of the owner inscribed on the collar or on a plate or badge attached to it.

(2) Paragraph (1) above shall not apply to—

(a)any pack of hounds,
(b)any dog while being used for sporting purposes,
(c)any dog while being used for the capture or destruction of vermin,
(d)any dog while being used for the driving or tending of cattle or sheep,
(e)any dog while being used on official duties by a member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces or Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise or the police force for any area,
(f)any dog while being used in emergency rescue work, or
(g)any dog registered with the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.
From here

You may be interested to know this as well

Offences

3. The owner of a dog or the person in charge of a dog who, without lawful authority or excuse, proof of which shall lie on him, causes or permits the dog to be in a highway or in a place of public resort not wearing a collar as prescribed in article 2(1) above shall be guilty of an offence against the Animal Health Act 1981.

Seizure of dogs

4. Any dog in respect of which an offence is being committed against this Order may be seized and treated as a stray dog under section 3 of the Dogs Act 1906(1) or under section 149 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Okay, let them come get me for being such a naughty person and putting the tag on a harness

P.s. the example above the dog didnt have ANY tag so that isnt relevant
Oh dear you really do need to READ the act it says "COLLAR & TAG"not simply TAG
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >