Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
How on earth does she fit all that personality in that tiny teeny body
You've made me laugh Imana! Because all my kids grew up with big dogs they refer to those as 'proper dogs'. And since I've owned 'little' dogs they've ALL complained at some stage or another! Saying stuff like 'of course if she was a 'proper dog' she would blah blah' and 'might as well have got a cat...'

But this little tiny weeny Bella - well she has stolen the heart of all of them. They even argue about who is having her if I die lol!

And Martin, my eldest, all 6ft 4in of him moans like hell if I don't send him a 'daily update' piccie of Bella - says they are one of the highlights of his days. And he was also cross that I didn't bring her with me when I went to stay with him and look after him after his spinal op. Saying he would be getting better MUCH faster if he had a Bella to keep him company! He bleated 'you know I'd have paid her airfare' but her rabies jabs were not up to date so it was a no go anyway.

Jen regularly emails and just says SEND BELLA IT'S MY TURN AND I NEED HER!

I waited 2yrs after losing my beloved old pal Charlie Girl before admitting I DID need to get another dog. She was just a pure fluke - my daughter seeing her in a cage in a dodgy petshop up the road. I refused to even go to look and she convinced me when she had just one more day to go before leaving for UK. I went - and the rest is history.

What they say about the minpin breed is so true - a BIG DOG in a very small body! The most energetic dogs, the most @rsy dogs. I can honestly say that I have NEVER owned a dog with so much 'character' as this one. And I never go a day without a smile and a good laugh while I have her.

We are VERY well suited to each other. Having been warned that they are known as the TYRANTS of the miniature dog world - my response was 'well I'm a lot like that too' so bring it on!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2013, 02:46 PM
"I waited 2yrs after losing my beloved old pal Charlie Girl before admitting I DID need to get another dog. She was just a pure fluke - my daughter seeing her in a cage in a dodgy petshop up the road. I refused to even go to look and she convinced me when she had just one more day to go before leaving for UK. I went - and the rest is history."

Some dogs are just meant to be ours, I had the same kind of thing with Ima and the same as you I have never met another dog anywhere close to her in character.

I am very glad Bella found you
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
LOL! What rude neighbours you have
Poor sleepy Bella
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Did these people not hear the announcement on the radio that *HER MAJ* was having her nap. They we're lucky she only barked at them.
I can just imagine bella shouting " OFF WITH THIER HEADS".
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Why get up and bark when you can lay down and do it? Only the clever dogs work that out!
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Well done Bella, get them told
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Why get up and bark when you can lay down and do it? Only the clever dogs work that out!
My thoughts exactly!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 05:05 PM
You know, it occurs to me that 'some' people think dogs should NEVER bark. When I flew her home from UK last year the air crew said to me 'why is she barking?' My first response was 'BECAUSE SHE IS A DOG and THAT'S WHAT DOGS DO!' My next response longer and involved explaining to them that she'd already been confined in a small container for about 7hrs in a strange environment - I'd be barking too!

The dogs here that NEVER bark get a lot of praise from everyone. The dog next door is one of them. Never ever heard her bark at all. I actually think that is more unusual than a dog that barks sometimes or even quite a lot of the time!

And you know what? I only trained her not to 'keep barking' for the sake of others. Wouldn't bother me how much she barked. Hell I talk too much! If she could talk she probably would too!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 12:05 AM
I love the photos Pat of little Bella. Are you sure she's barking in the first photo 'cos I think she's singing for her supper

She is definitely a huge dog in a small body
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 02:58 PM
She is SO cute!! love her bed, Daisy has bed envy Thanks for the piccies
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >