Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2011, 08:59 PM

A prayer for our lost fur babes

The following was sent to me after my Little One died, and still gives me comfort to read. I hope nobody is offended if I post it here.

G-d, full of love, dwelling in the spirit of all life, may the spirit of my Little One be accepted into Your love. By the merit of her love, may her spirit live on in the love of all life.

Our G-d and G-d of our ancestors, Creator of the universe which You filled with the wonders of life, You have brought forth diverse living creatures and endowed us with the ability to love them, care for them, and be comforted by them.

I thank You for the life of my pet, a constant and loyal companion who shared my home and my love.

At the same time I grieve the loss of my beloved pet, I give You thanks for the miracle of life and the wonder of the love and companionship we shared.

O Lord our G-d, we come before You this day in sadness. My Little One, who brought me so much joy in life, has now died. I am grateful to You for creating her, for entrusting her to my care, and for sustaining her in my love for a measure of time.

I understand that all that lives must die. I knew that this day would come. And yet, O G-d, I would have wanted one more day of play, one more evening of love with my Little One.

As I took care of her in life, I ask that You watch over her in death.

May we care for all Your creatures, for every living thing, as we protected the blessed life of my Little One and all our fur babies. May their memory bless our lives with love and caring forever.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:12 PM
A beautiful prayer! They are never far from our thoughts and live on in our memories.
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Lovely Prayer, I have a few from church and the pet cematary, alway give comfort when needed.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Lovely.... We will never forget them and they will always be in our hearts x
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Sitting her crying after reading it

we lost our Lulu 17 weeks ago today and still cant believe she has gone
Thank you for sharing this
Maureen
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Lovely meaningful prayer.... Big hugs to you Maureen and every-one else who is feeling the pain of a losing their much loved friend.
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Such a lovely prayer, thank you so much for sharing it, so comforting at a time of great sadness for me.