View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Although dogless at the moment. I have a horse, and up until recently full time job which started at 8.30am. Up at 6am, out the door by 6.30, horse done by 8am and straight to work..... finish work between 5-6 and head straight to the yard. Most night I did not get home until 8/9pm.

I gave up my horse for a short period and got my driving lessons and test done.... Money I had managed to save, and some inhertence money and I bought myself a car, and got my horse back, and a better job because of the car.

At 16 I was kicked out of home, moved in with my now bf at 19, we have rent, bills and food to pay for, luckily half of that is covered by OH's parents. Rest I have to cough up. That alone cost me £££, let alone extras such as nights out with OH/phone bills/clothes and my horse!!!

Agree with the others, if you want something you will work hard for it. I would not let having a dog get in the way, end of the day if you don't have work you can't have the dog.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Well first let me say, just keep trying for a job that will suit you. I agree with others you need to be reasonably flexible but mostly from the sound of it you need a boost to your confidence. Those people where you applied for the job should in my opinion have called you back even if it was to say sorry but a better qualified person has got the job. I have a pet hate with people who say they'll call you & don't, leaving you in limbo. Hopr you get what you want soon.
Now on to the living at home thing think I beat everyone up till now have lived in this house for over 67 years ever since I was conceived here. OK I lived during term time in digs for a couple of years but still came home some weekends & all holidays. The house is now mine as I purchased it from my parents about 10 years before they died. though they still lived here until they passed on, so anyone beat 67 years living at home?
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 12:03 PM
I have a daily routine with my dogs, I'm lucky enough to be able to get home at lunch to see to them and wouldn't have it any other way...
so I suppose yes I'd give up the chance of a job if it didn't fit in with my 2 x
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Well first let me say, just keep trying for a job that will suit you. I agree with others you need to be reasonably flexible but mostly from the sound of it you need a boost to your confidence. Those people where you applied for the job should in my opinion have called you back even if it was to say sorry but a better qualified person has got the job. I have a pet hate with people who say they'll call you & don't, leaving you in limbo. Hopr you get what you want soon.
Now on to the living at home thing think I beat everyone up till now have lived in this house for over 67 years ever since I was conceived here. OK I lived during term time in digs for a couple of years but still came home some weekends & all holidays. The house is now mine as I purchased it from my parents about 10 years before they died. though they still lived here until they passed on, so anyone beat 67 years living at home?
TBH, if you are lucky enough to get an interview, you'd be even luckier to hear anything back afterwards. I've been to interviews that I thought have gone well only to receive zero contact or feedback afterwards (despite my attempts). You spend hours filling in application forms only to get no acknowledgment of your application or contact even if to say 'we are not interested' in return. It sucks but that is the way it is.
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi SLB

If you are feeling low a job would probably help no end.

I started working 3 full days a week a few months back having been out of work for quite a while, its hard to get a job at the moment, it took me a long time of looking (my family used to say i had a full time job just looking for work!) Now i am working though i am so much happier, i have more money, i see more people and i am 'me' for 3 days a week!!!

Im a single parent with a dog and yes work days are hectic, up early to give the dog some company and then have to get my son up and ready earlier than he really needs to be so as to get the dog walked before school run and straight of to work. Mum comes in during the day to take her the dog out during the day, then after collecting son from after school club its back home for more walking.....phew, its exhausting for me let alone a 6 year old! Working is a must in life and unfortunatly as much as i love my dog im afraid my son and me have to come first and she has to fit into our lifestyle.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5