View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:30 PM

Chester the thief is back, and it wasn't his fault.

He's been soo good for months, no stealing anything from the kitchen and on the odd occasion hoodies have been pulled off of the table etc they're used simply for cuddling rather than any malicious intent . However I baked a victoria sponge and two thirds of it was left on the work surface unattended for all of two minutes whilst my stupid sister didn't put the handle on the stairgate all the way down and when I came back in from the other room only the base was remaining . I could have killed her coz he was then on a total sugar high for hours and behaved abysmally whilst she ******ed off to bed .
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh dear-I hope he enjoyed it!

I can empathise as Parker has found 2 cakes on the park, one victoria sponge and one chocolate cake. When I found him eating the chocolate cake it was in a field with horses and I thought he was eating horse poo at first! At least you know your cake was fresh-I have no idea how long these cakes had been on the grass. and I don't really want to think about it.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I bet you forgave him though eh?

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when he discovered it...you've got to love these naughty setters haven't you?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:45 PM
I bet he didn't even taste it either!!! In the mouth and down the throat without one hint of a chew........
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Oh dear-I hope he enjoyed it!

I can empathise as Parker has found 2 cakes on the park, one victoria sponge and one chocolate cake. When I found him eating the chocolate cake it was in a field with horses and I thought he was eating horse poo at first! At least you know your cake was fresh-I have no idea how long these cakes had been on the grass. and I don't really want to think about it.
There is that I suppose, so much for his strictly enforced BARF diet on command of my sister though, she found the whole situation highly amusing.
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I bet you forgave him though eh?

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when he discovered it...you've got to love these naughty setters haven't you?
Of course he was forgiven...it was only partially his fault after all . He always makes a beeline to me when I bake which is quite often, he probably thought all his christmas' and birthday's had come at once when he found it unprotected, he has sad setter eyes down to a T but thankfully I'm mostly immune, mostly .
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I bet he didn't even taste it either!!! In the mouth and down the throat without one hint of a chew........
Nope, it's funny in that respect coz he's such a dainty eater normally, can't possibly eat big bits of food and give him a piece of toast or something it has to be held so he can nibble , give him access to something forbidden though and it doesn't touch the sides let alone the floor, he steals, chews and gulps all at once!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:21 PM
It can't be as bad as what training class taught us... Louie has never counter surfed - ever! At training we had to get our dogs to put paws up on chairs and get them to stay - Lou did brill - so much that he's now used the breakfast bar chairs to look on the counters!

He hasn't took anything though - so it's just a matter of time..

I'd have locked Chester in her room with her - on that sugar rush - her fault - her problem But then I'm a mean person like that - my sister woke a young sleeping Louie up (he was only 3 months old) and I made her stay up with him till he fell asleep again - I went to bed. I didn't wake him up lol..

At least the cake was approved though