View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Bailey loves to be vacuumed, as soon as I get it out he plonks himself down in front of it and refuses to move until I vacuum him first!!!!

I think I posted a video on her of him, he even lifts his legs up so I can get to his 'pits and bits!!!

It's amazing how much less hair you get in the house after isn't it!
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm glad to hear that another dog likes it too!! I've not really done it before so I'm yet to see the difference but I think it will be a daily thing from now on!

He has always been happy around the vaccum and will often follow me around when I'm cleaning so I thought I would give it a go. He is a funny thing!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jofelicia View Post
...and he absolutely loved it!!

He is starting to get very hairy again (typical lab!) after being stripped a few months ago and my floor is looking like a labrador carpet!!

I couldn't find my dog brushes so I got the hoover out with the brush attachment and gave him a good grooming.

However the brush attachment is a bit rubbish at removing the undercoat so here is my lightbulb moment- I could invent a special brush attachment for brushing dogs, take it Dragons Den and make my millions!!

In the real world, has anyone already invented one of these and where can I get it from? And does anyone else hoover their doggies?
Dyson make one, and it is absolutely brilliant!!
Murv
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Our old dog used to love being hoovered, he'd go all "gooey" after a minute or two

The new one just eyes the thing with very deep suspicion, I don't think we'll be trying it on her for a while!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 07:07 AM
We have a hoover lover here too!!! Phil lies on his back so you can do his tummy, he waves his paw at you if you stop We have a dyson but havent got the proper dog attachment, just use the brush one.

Paris on the other hand wont go near the hoover...
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 07:58 AM
My girls wouldn't stand for it (and wouldn't stand still for long enough) and Zane would just look down his big nose at me with the worst look of disgust imaginable.

Yiannis ont he other hand loves it. I have NO carpet downstairs in my house and yet I have to vacuum!
Yiannis gets in the way so I have to do him before anything else. He'll even lie down or roll over for me to do all of him!
He groans as well. Yiannis is very vocal, even for a GSD and almost constantly makes "cow" noises! But for the vacuum, for anyone who can hear and not know what I'm doing, I suppose it could sound quite perverted (as he doesn't sound like a dog when he groans).
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
My girls wouldn't stand for it (and wouldn't stand still for long enough) and Zane would just look down his big nose at me with the worst look of disgust imaginable.

Yiannis ont he other hand loves it. I have NO carpet downstairs in my house and yet I have to vacuum!
Yiannis gets in the way so I have to do him before anything else. He'll even lie down or roll over for me to do all of him!
He groans as well. Yiannis is very vocal, even for a GSD and almost constantly makes "cow" noises! But for the vacuum, for anyone who can hear and not know what I'm doing, I suppose it could sound quite perverted (as he doesn't sound like a dog when he groans).
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Nippy used to love it, just as well she was soooo hairy
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Nippy used to love it, just as well she was soooo hairy
Yeah, my two are too. My house permanently looks like I haven't hoovered for weeks. I hoover twice a day Thank God for Dyson!!

I can't say they truly love been groomed with the Dyson dog grooming attachment, but they tolerate it. I give them a good go with the rake first, then the special stripper/detangling of knots tool that I have, then finish them off with the Dyson.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I always hoover Vegas cos its a great way of getting rid of all his loose hair and he dont mind it either.Have to be careful not to get too close to his willy though otherwise he might get ideas about using it as a sex aid.

Zeb dont like the hoover fullstop.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >