View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Colour isn't a big thing with me. I wouldn't go out of my way to get a certain colour dog but I wouldn't avoid any colour either. Regardless of colour, dogs with one ear up and one ear down appeal to me as do scruffy looking dogs and dogs with unusual markings. Those are the sort of dog I'll give a 2nd look to on the street or whatever.

When all's said and done though how the dog looks isn't important to me.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Zuluandnaomi View Post
Staffy wise I am a red lover through and through (hence owning one myself lol). Always have and always will have a mega soft spot for them. We'll hopefully get a friend for Zulu in the next year or 2 and I would love a red and white pied. I do think blues are nice looking dogs, wouldnt have one personally, I just think some of them have beautiful greeny/yellow eyes.
I love red & white pieds,

I think the light eye spoils the expression of the head,plus the standard calls for a dark eye
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I think there's something lovely about them, especially when they have patches on their eyes - too cute.

As I have an out of standard staffy any way to me it doesnt matter much I just think the look is nice
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2011, 12:26 PM
There is so much diversity in colours of BC's i do like blue and whites, not overly keen on merles as i think sometimes they can look very hard.
Give me a good old fashioned Black and white or tri colour any day

Jann xx
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2011, 12:47 PM
For me it depends on the individual dog, some blue dogs i find stunning and others don't seem to have the same appeal even within the same breed, so on par with other coat colours.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I can't really say what I think to colours - IMO a BC is B&W although I do like the blue merles.

I make a joke with the OH - we have a Chocolate, Blonde, and Tri coloured one now I need a B&W, red, blue, black and tan, white, brindle and grey dog to have all colours of the dogs

I don't like the blue shepherds - doesn't look right to me..
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I like blue greyhounds and they are very popular and always get adopted first in kennels for some reason , I dont mind on colour really although I do love Toms tiger stripes, I like unusual colouring , there was a grey on a rescue site recently that was all white with a black head it certainly looked different ! Black greys seem to get stuck in rescue because of the colour but I love Bellas black coat expecially now she is in great condition and it is ultra shiny !
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 01:52 PM
You know what they say, a good dog is never a bad colour.

One of my breeds only comes in ONE colour (although some twerps are breeding blues which are NOT genetically Weimaraners) and the other comes in many but I like the STANDARD colours of the GSD ie Black and Gold, Black and Tan, SABLE, Black. I am not a fan of the blues, livers, whites, creams or longhaired versions (although I know there the enthusiasts out there).
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 01:58 PM
I wouldnt say i'm drawn to blue. I know the colouring of Weims made them popular (and yes, I know it isnt called blue in the breed standard but it's a similar colour) but it isnt something that I like.

I'm not keen on blue and white/blue merle BC's or blue staffies etc.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 02:50 PM
in my breed i would love (one day) to own a long coat Red and black ( im not sure if thats the right description, i mean the dark sort of mahogany colour)

im not for or against blue, i like it in some breeds and not in others if i was to get a blue though (not that i would in the gsd) i wouldn't be paying more for that dog than the rest of the litter was being sold for
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >