Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by caroldylan View Post
hello Im trying to get some weight off my lab he is walked and fed as little as possible to try and keep the weight off now ive been told that he has a restriction in his right shoulder so i want the weight off asap he goes swimming and walking but still he remains the same hes on burns which was suposed to keep them lean but dylan just needs to sniff food and hes put on a couple of pounds if you dont mind me asking what food do you use am now at my wits end because of his shoulder hes 7
Bobbie was already on tinned chappie and mixer and as it seemed to agree with him and his coat was superb I saw no reason to change. He has about a third of a tin(ordinary tin not those huge ones) in the morning with a little mixer and then about half a tin late afternoon again with mixer. His weight problem was caused by having no exercise whatsoever but now he gets about 4-5 miles a day off lead over three walks and he runs around almost like a springer spaniel trying to unearth all the wildlife. Hopefully he will continue to lose about 1lb a week but if he doesn't then I will change him to low fat food and keep an eye on his portions. Hope your lab manages to shift some of that weight.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks all. Bobbie was congratulated with a low fat biscuit He's out for the count now having had another lovely day running around.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Bobbie is a very handsome chap and couldn't be in a better place than with you, is good he's losing the excess weight and am sure feels better for it along with all the tlc and being settled. Well done Bobbie and all of you too xx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Aww thanks H. He is a lovely fellow and on our lunch time walks just runs and runs on the fields trying to unearth pheasants very similar to the way a springer bounces around so I am sure he has some spaniel in there somewhere. I mentioned to the vet that I was told he was crossed with a husky but she couldn't see it although she couldn't see his curly up tail as it wouldn't stop wagging
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2