Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Actually the dog warden does have some legal powers.
Regarding the police, because there were no independent witnesses and no human being was hurt.

With regard to the dog warden, our's certainly does not have any legal powers.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:40 PM
So sorry to hear that, there are some really horrible people about, one reason I generally give everyone a wide berth where possible, as you just can't tell how irrational some people will be.

Unfortunately going by people I chat to it seems an amazing number of people are happy to let their dogs go off with any Tom Dick or Harriet who will charge them cash in hand for the privilege, without any insurance or necessarily know-how or experience.

Someone recently told me she had signed a contract literally giving her dog walkers "All care and no responsibility". When the dog ended up with a partially severed hind tendon, she was told it happens when the dog had run into a bush, that they had no insurance to cover the vet bill etc, and that she had signed this contract agreeing no responsibility!!

She had been told one was a "professional accredited dog trainer" without being told with whom. I can't see anyone reputable, nor any reputable agency supporting having no insurance and a one-sided unreasonable contract!

The police are often remarkably unwilling to get involved in dog-related incidents, even when people are hurt and an offence has clearly been committed.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Regarding the police, because there were no independent witnesses and no human being was hurt.

Well we know that someone was hurt and if every assault needed an independent witness, nobody would get arrested!

One of the duties of dog wardens is to enforce dog related legislation.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Omg, I am beginning to agree with what Murf has said above. I am guessing Police can't act because you don't know who this man is?
got his reg no and he goes there everyday.
Quite! Anyone who kicks dogs like that are the scum of the earth. It is one thing to kick Tupacs ... but to kick her dogs is just deplorable
lol Gnasher
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:53 PM

we was hurt
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Pursue him, if he has done this once, he will probably do it again, with who knows what results to someone else.
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:57 PM
That is absolutely disgusting!! The police are talking rubbish, you can be done for shouting abuse at someone let alone physically abusing them!! I think they are just seeing if you'll leave it there! Let us know how you get on x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:26 PM
thanks guys

police tomorrow i think...just got up and im now limping as i was kicked in my thigh muscle and the bruise is starting to come out...and the vn in me is making me para about pneumo thorax as Flea was kicked in his chest.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:38 PM
That's a horrible thing to happen to you all Some people just disgust me, they really do. I'm glad you're going to the police. People like this should be brought to justice...although sadly I think the others are right and I'm not sure how much luck you will have. But I wish you the best of luck tomorrow xx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 12:10 AM
I too avoid other dog walkers and someone walking 7 dogs - well......

Having said that my friend has 7 dogs Hers are under control ....

I hope you and the dogs are okay, very nasty experience and if you have his Reg the police should be able to do something...
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »