Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Silly me, it should have been OBVIOUS to ANYONE that the following

some people need a punch in the face, your 'friend' is one of these people. the only cure for people who need a punch in the face is a punch in the face. with everybody's help we can rid the world of people who need a punch in the face

Was bound to trigger bouts of undiluted hilarity and merriment, as it is so amusing?
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Well as someone who knows dog law pretty well, this is a new one on me, it certainly is not in any of the KC guidelines re GC Testing etc.

So can you tell me which law includes this little gem?
No idea. I reported a dog, left in filthy conditions, left outside all day, no human contact.

RSPCA attended, and said there was nothing wrong, apart from it was left on a choke chain. It is apparently a danger to the dog.
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Silly me, it should have been OBVIOUS to ANYONE that the following

some people need a punch in the face, your 'friend' is one of these people. the only cure for people who need a punch in the face is a punch in the face. with everybody's help we can rid the world of people who need a punch in the face

Was bound to trigger bouts of undiluted hilarity and merriment, as it is so amusing?
yes, silly you
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:37 PM
The RSPCA also told me it was a danger to keep him on a choker
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Leaving a dog in a position where it could be at risk could be classed as negligence however it is NOT against the law to leave a choke chain on a dog per se.

It is not a crime, it is not illegal.

There is a difference.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:39 PM
It is dangerous to tie a dog up on a choke chain but I didn't think it was against the law.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
It is dangerous to tie a dog up on a choke chain but I didn't think it was against the law.
It is not against the law.

Also check chains can be used on the dead link.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:45 PM

There is a difference.

Well, I'm, glad our RSPCA take a dim view of it!

There are few enough laws to support dogs. Well done to those who interpret them well!
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I thought one of the downsides to a choke chain is that when the lead is loose the chain becomes lose and the dog could slip out of it? Seems obvious as you have to slide it on and off the dog without any fasteners... What if the dog slipped out and got one of her kids? Really worrying. Does the RSPCA not take this into account, that this dog would do serious damage to the kids if it managed to get at them? I'm sorry but he really shouldn't be near any children at all.
The poor BC and SBT, glad you are giving them some attention and love, walks, training and everything you are doing for them. Just keep building up your evidence until you really can't take it any more, hopefully it will be enough, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post

There is a difference.

Well, I'm, glad our RSPCA take a dim view of it!

There are few enough laws to support dogs. Well done to those who interpret them well!
There are plenty of laws to support dogs, and nobody has interpreted any law in this case, they have either not given their view correctly or, more likely in this case I believe, been misunderstood.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »