Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Emma - at first me and Leanne tied a long line to the dummy to make sure we could get it back if he didn't fetch it. On Monday though - me and OH took him and the other two to the same place - I threw the ball to an island - not too far out - he went to get it but didn't bring it back - he saw a duck and he swam back without it...Sadie and Benjie won't swim unless they have too
I'll remember there is a free ball to be had next time I go up there!

I remember stupidly throwing a toy in the river that I should've realised wouldnt float. I only had the collies with me and Jed was less than useless and Jessie didnt know where it was so I trudged back home and fetched Flynn.
I could see this toy on the river bed and it took me ages to make him realise the toy was under the water. The good thing is Flynn trusts that when I say there is something to retrieve, there actually is so he will keep looking until he gets it and eventually he spotted it, stuck his face in the water and got it. I was incredibly impressed.

I took the dogs swimming Monday as it was a pretty warm day. Some of the bank has a bit of a sandy beach to it and Flynn wont pick anything up if it's covered in sand. What he does is roll it about in the sand with both front paws. Somehow he thinks this will get it off and doesnt realise rolling it about in more sand makes it worse! It was hilarious to watch him scooting this ball about all along the bank and looking increasingly confused. Also last night I was practising blowing my shepherds whistle but had to give up through fits of laughter because Flynn was howling along with every poor effort I made.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Aww bless poor Flynn - he is a special one isn't he.

And yes a free tennis ball in the first lake bit on the island facing the bit where we were getting Louie to retrieve Thief!
chaosjoey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Ah what nice stories of doglets making everyone happy!!

Chaos and Joey have settled nicely in our new house which we moved to only 6 weeks ago. Chaos loves laying out in the back garden smelling the air!!

We took Joey to the car boot sale on Sunday for a bit of a mooch and he was good as gold. It was his first trip to a car boot and got lots of fuss and one stall holder even gave him a tennis ball as a present!!

The field wasn't quite full so as we got to the end, he had a bit of a run around away from the cars and people. He decided that I needed to have a quick lay down while I was waiting so ran full pelt at my legs and put me on my back!!!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Aww bless poor Flynn - he is a special one isn't he.

And yes a free tennis ball in the first lake bit on the island facing the bit where we were getting Louie to retrieve Thief!
"Special"...PMSL! A special dog with special needs alright!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
"Special"...PMSL! A special dog with special needs alright!
Well I said it nicer
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Lovely thread this one. Skye and Tigger were up to their usual tricks of swimming in the river and lakes over the weekend although Tigger just paddles really and they managed to find a toy which we had lost a couple of weeks ago!! Skye dragged a coppiced branch all the way home only relinquishing it into my hands when we needed to go through the kissing gates, bless!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2