Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Happy thoughts

I'm tired and in a grumpy mood so I need some cheering up.

What did your dogs do this weekend to make you smile?

Louie snuggled with Benjie - a neck nuzzle as well - and no grumbles, he also retrieved from water and now goes in deep ish water.

Today I had all three snuggled together on me on the sofa asleep whilst they dried after their bath (I had a quilt over me - it smelt rank after)

Please share your good moments
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Daisy lolloped into the pond and swam round for a while, to the amusement of passers-by, while Shamus played happily with a tiny dog then helped the cafe lady by cleaning the table to roars of laughter from adjoining customers. Why are people so much nicer when the sun is out?
Razzle makes me smile just by being relaxed and not diving for cover when I go towards him, bless him.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I wasn't feeling well yesterday and Rupert was doing his best to cheer me up as I lay on the couch feeling sorry for myself. He ran around throwing his toys up in the air and pouncing on them, getting in my face and giving me kisses and when all else failed went and found my shoes and started throwing them around. All the time he was making silly noises.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Well Ted nearly fell in the canal at the weekend which made me laugh He decided to poo on the edge but backed up a bit to far and his back end went in

Good on Louie for retrieving from water, i had to use a branch to fish one of teds toys out of the river because it had sunk and he wouldn't put his head under We've also lost a few balls in the river and sea when i've thrown them a bit to far out and he won't go past his shoulders into the water
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Took both dogs to the vet this morning, Jake for his boosters, and Simon for a weigh in!

Jake did his collie whinge all the time, but did a lovely bum wag at everyone, and loved the vet to pieces Simon just whinged! But we managed to get him on the scales, and he had lost 3kg since last time, so well done Simon! And Jake had his fuss and injection and was generally lovely with everyone.

We then took them for a walk down the river, and a random terrier kept running up to them to play, but even though I hadn't got a throwing thing to hand, they just said hello and then ignored it.

So, a good day boys. Well done!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Tilly layed upsidedown on the sofa with all 4 paws sticking up & a crisp packet on the end of one paw - not quite sure how that got there I think she was saving it for later
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Thanks guys - you've made me smile

C&D - good on Razzle

Wish I could've seen Rupert and all his antics sounds like something my lot would do - that and clambering on me and making me worse

Well done at the vets Simon and Jake

Emma - at first me and Leanne tied a long line to the dummy to make sure we could get it back if he didn't fetch it. On Monday though - me and OH took him and the other two to the same place - I threw the ball to an island - not too far out - he went to get it but didn't bring it back - he saw a duck and he swam back without it...Sadie and Benjie won't swim unless they have too

Susie - any pictures?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Dougal tried to get onto the beanbag at the same time as hubby...he also rolled onto his back with his legs waving madly in the air which is so funny to watch..
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Lovely thread ~ it's great reading about all the fun times & silly things our dogs do

We had a good walk last Saturday afternoon at Newtimber Hill on the South Downs. Lots of bunnies for the dogs to "chase" ~ I call it chase but Wilma does a lot of stalking & only half-hearted chasing & Barney's technique for catching bunnies is to stick his head down every rabbit hole in the hope that one will jump into his mouth

We saw a Sparrowhawk hovering above us & a fox vanishing into the bushes.

We met a nice lady with her 2 little boys & a 10 month old cockerpoo ~ very sweet little dog. When we got to the dew pond my 2 dogs jumped straight in & the 2 boys yelped with joy at the thought of teaching their little dog to swim. Bless her, she ran round & round the outside of the pond trying to get the sticks the kids were throwing in & eventually took the plunge into the water, splashed & panicked for a few seconds, realised she could swim & then they couldn't get her out again. Eventually we got her out & she looked like a dread-locked large cat

We then all walked down to the farm where there's an outdoor cafe that does organic food & had a delicious cream tea (first of many this year I hope!) while the dogs lounged in the sun drying off & got spoiled by the cafe owner with bits of cheese.

I also had a very busy weekend with 3 cat behaviour consultations in 2 days so escaping onto the Downs with the dogs on a sunny afternoon was absolute bliss
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Thanks guys - you've made me smile

C&D - good on Razzle

Wish I could've seen Rupert and all his antics sounds like something my lot would do - that and clambering on me and making me worse

Well done at the vets Simon and Jake

Emma - at first me and Leanne tied a long line to the dummy to make sure we could get it back if he didn't fetch it. On Monday though - me and OH took him and the other two to the same place - I threw the ball to an island - not too far out - he went to get it but didn't bring it back - he saw a duck and he swam back without it...Sadie and Benjie won't swim unless they have too

Susie - any pictures?
No pics I did reach for my phone to take one whilst telling her she was stoopid & she moved before I could get a pic!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >