Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Waiting for the fallout.

I am not normally a pessimistic person, honestly I am not but today while weeding down the side of the house....the young girl of about 8-9 from the maisonettes opposite me came across with a cute well adorable 7-8 week old black pup, possibly a bit of collie or possibly a bit of GSD; possibly neither but a good old fashioned heinz57 pup. However he is a nice chap.
The people are new, well about 8 months and the mother I am told suffers from some sort of anxiety she does not come out at all. They live in a townhouse upstairs maisonette no direct access to a garden, Mom, Dad a nice chap who is a taxi driver I think, the young girl and a lad who is about 17 and maybe a baby not sure. They are a nice family, they have a cat who is not allowed inside............It appears to have moved in with the woman downstairs....I did not realise that it was their cat till today when the girl told me.
Anyhow onto the pup he was being walked by the girl today well out on a lead......(the girl was off school sick)....she then proceeded to tell me she has had 11 dogs and 7 cats...................................but they all run away.......she is at tops 9.
The pup called Tyson, is so friendly as all pups are; she obviously loves the pup. I had a bit of a stroke and play and showed her to call him to her by clicking her tongue etc, she is a lovely girl but she is a bit over friendly.....while I was fussing the pup she said “If you want him you can have him, he likes you, and he will run off soon!!!!!!! ” I said “no” obviously and her Mom called her in......she was in for about 10 minutes out she came again complete with pup but no lead............holding the collar. The pup looked shattered and was falling asleep standing up. I called up to the Mom and said so. The girl took the pup in. You know you get a sinking feeling.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Oh dear doesn't sound good does it ?

Lets hope it is the wrong feeling. Somehow though I don't think it is.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Poor pup.. maybe a word with the Mum or Dad to see if there is anything that could help?

11 dogs that all run off..
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Oh goodness - you just know how it is going to end up don't you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Oh dear...... I have that sinking feeling about this too Kazz At least if this one runs off it should run straight to yours and then you can help him. What can you do???
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Do you have a friendly dog warden in your area?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 07:22 PM
See I have no idea of the family's animal/pet turnover they are new as I say. She may have been trying to keep me in conversation............ wait and see eh? when I went to post the census form earlier the pup was back out with the little girl. But now he has chewing gum on the outside of his ear flap.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I would feel the same as you Kazz, and often do
Day before yesterday a young guy here who has two SBT's both a year old was walking both with no leads, the bitch was struggling and panting hard.......why.....she was heavily pregnant.
She had the pups the day after

Im only hoping they are looked after and find proper decent homes.......but Im guessing they will just go to whoever hands over the money
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I would feel the same as you Kazz, and often do
Day before yesterday a young guy here who has two SBT's both a year old was walking both with no leads, the bitch was struggling and panting hard.......why.....she was heavily pregnant.
She had the pups the day after

Im only hoping they are looked after and find proper decent homes.......but Im guessing they will just go to whoever hands over the money
I love the way you cheer me up. :bighug:

See I think sometimes.............why do people have dogs/animals.......
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Do you have a friendly dog warden in your area?
They feed the pup. Look after him. Walk him (even if out to early) no law says they have to have injections.
Can't see what a warden will be able to do. I have no idea if their animal turnover is as the girl says. I am just venting really.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >