Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Phew! We're back Thanks all for the support

We did recall from both ends, and Zena was a star, she brought her head into my legs and sat both times plus we went first at that bit!!! We did focus on us, which of course she did coz she knew I had a treat under my chin We did the rubbing them with a towel. We did people coming up to them to stop them jumping up, but Zena sat every time although she DOES jump up when Dave comes home and sometimes scratches his neck, so I've now told him what he has to do, i.e. turn around if she doesn't sit, and I'll leave him some treats out in the bootroom all ready (well, I AM Mrs. organised aren't I, being a Virgo ) She laid on her blanket all the time we weren't doing anything as good as gold, coz I had loads of treats and she knew it! We let 3 pups off at a time, so they could either play or go around to the others on their leads and Zena was the only one to come back when I called, but that's understandable coz everyone else has been too scared to let theirs off yet! They don't know about Dogsey and the great advice I got from here!
Did I learn anything new? No, but I will do as time goes on I hope, and I knew Zena was busting for her wee and her 6.30 poo but she managed to hold it all till we got home!

Apparently Georgie was crying his eyes out all the time we were out, and yet he never did that before when we went off to the other training for the past 3 weeks. Awww, he missed us loads bless him, so he's got extra cuddles tonight, along with Zena who was an absolute star! Long may it continue, and if she carries on like this, I will go much further with her just coz I'm getting to like all this training malarky! Lol! Crufts 2011 then! or NOT!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Glad it went well, we did our first class last night too, (last week was just registration) we did walking on lead, stay - going back to her & recall. Tilly was great at stay/recall & the trainer was impressed & told us she is very intelligent she quickly improved on the lead once we were shown how to hold it properly!! She was dying for a poo when we got out too!!
I was worried she wouldn't do the tasks with all the distractions - knowing she can do them at home - but she didn't let me down (not did the chicken treats!!)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Well done both of you glad you enjoyed it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Awwwwwwwwww....yaaaay! Go Zena! So pleased it went well, never had any doubts that it would though
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
So pleased it went to excellently for you!!!

You have put so much hard work into Zeno and it has really paid off
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Glad it went well, we did our first class last night too, (last week was just registration) we did walking on lead, stay - going back to her & recall. Tilly was great at stay/recall & the trainer was impressed & told us she is very intelligent she quickly improved on the lead once we were shown how to hold it properly!! She was dying for a poo when we got out too!!
I was worried she wouldn't do the tasks with all the distractions - knowing she can do them at home - but she didn't let me down (not did the chicken treats!!)
So glad to hear yours went well too, makes you feel all that hard work was well worth it doesn't it! Keep it up then!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well done both of you glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks Lynn, I enjoyed it so much, I'm even going to do my homework she gave us!

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Awwwwwwwwww....yaaaay! Go Zena! So pleased it went well, never had any doubts that it would though
Thanks Jackie We're bound to have a few blips I know that, coz I know what she can be like here at home if SHE doesn't want to do something You don't think she's turning into one of those little madams like you've got and the one I had before do ya?? Could be she's realised just how spoiled she's going to be here with us! xxxx

Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
So pleased it went to excellently for you!!!

You have put so much hard work into Zeno and it has really paid off
Thanks Jesterjenn, and so have you I do know that! Well worth the effort to get rewards like this though isn't it!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2