Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Joanna28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2008, 06:20 PM

Puppy vaccinations

Hello,

My pup had her 2nd lot of vaccinations today. She was very good at the vets, and even fell asleep in the car on the way home!

I was just wondering if it is similar to when children have their jabs, that they can feel unwell after. The only reason I ask, is Honey has been asleep A LOT today, and although she has played and run about, it doesn't seem to be as much as normal. I know when she had her 1st lot, she got a slight upset tummy afterwards. The breeder gave her rice and chicken to help her. Do you think she might have a similar reaction to this one, or was it just as it was her first.

Thanks

JoX
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 07:07 PM
my vet did warn me that Zeita might be a little sleepy after her jabs but not poorly as such, she was very sleepy but back to normal the next day

Mel x
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Hi Joanne ive never known any of mine to be sick after there jabs , They have always seemed very tired and slept for a long period of time , Then they have been right as rain he next day , xxdk
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 07:43 PM
they say they can feel like that, my pup was a little more tired, but still played and stuff! he was fine the next day!
Joanna28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks, she seems ok, but yes bit more sleepy and slow today. Just nice to know it is normal. Funny how even after only a week and a half of having her, I can already see when she is not quite herself!

Thanks again

JO
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 08:27 PM
yes and you get so attached after such a short time and panick at every thing that they have never done before lol I know been there done that
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 08:52 PM
The vaccines can sometimes make them feel a bit off colour for a day or so afterwards, she should be back to normal in a couple of days
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Joanna28 View Post
Thanks, she seems ok, but yes bit more sleepy and slow today. Just nice to know it is normal. Funny how even after only a week and a half of having her, I can already see when she is not quite herself!

Thanks again

JO
Hi Joanne vets usually warn you that the puppy may be sleepy and a bit quiet after vaccination.

I think it is a good idea for puppies to sleep and to have a 'quiet day' to allow the body to 'accept' the vaccinations.

If a puppy is abnormally sleepy, or if it causes concern in any way after vaccination it is a good idea to check things with the vet.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 09:31 PM
They can be, but Let us know tomorrow, I daresay the little one will be running around again. Lots of love