View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 08:03 AM
mishkas swelling & lumps have gone down this morning, still a bit swollen on muzzle & a few lumps on right side of face but much better than last night.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Glad to hear Mishka is much better this morning. Have you any ideas what may have caused it?
Very worrying for you I know as my JRT has allergies to things and marrow in a marrow bone causes his throat to swell so he is coughing and gasping for breath, he has to be rushed to the vets for that.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Gosh, how frightening I would keep some Piriton in your cupboard just incase - if she suffers another allergic reaction it is worth giving her the antihistamine and then get her to the vet. My sister's dog has been unlucky enough to be bitten by an adder twice and the Piriton helps the swelling go down until you can see the vet.

Hope Mishka is much better today.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

10-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Glad to hear she is a bit better today
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 12:20 PM
What a relief- looks like she's on the mend then.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 04:56 PM
we are taking her to her vet tonight just to get her checked again as i think she has a few lumps still but swelling on face is vertually gone now, we were thinking maybe she might have been bitten by a snake in the long grass or a toad/frog possibly

7pm-- Back from vets, as i was sitting waiting tio see the vet mishka had another lump come up on her nose bridge. vet gave her another jab , same as last night as her skin was red still & she has some lumps coming on her nose & around eyes again, same as last night. This is odd now as can't thgink whats causing it, 2 nights running now , maybe as the 1st jab wears off the swelling & lumps come back again. mishka has some piriton too. she will need to have an allergy test if this dosen't clear up. we haven't changed anything in the garden or house so don't know whats doing it. as i write this the bridge of her nose is swollen & has those horrible lumps coming up again.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Heres some pics to show you mishka's swelling & lumps on her pretty face, poor girl, these are horrid looking but later last night after taking them her face was worse than this

RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Poor Baby. It is surely some sort of allergic reaction, like the human hives.

I had an allergic reaction to some prawns a couple of years back. The hives came up at night, every night for about 3-4 nights - despite the medication. Don't know if it was something to do with body heat or something like that.
Personally (and I have no medical evidence to support this - just a feeling) I would keep her cool, perhaps a fan or something on her. From personal experience I know this helped me.

Hope she goes on OK.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:57 PM
thanx for that info rrmum , it's quite cool in our house anyway but if she does get too warm i may get a fan out for her. she didn't have a high temp when at the vets.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 10:15 PM
we had a pup come up in lumps like that after he ate a bee...(in December........)
The lumps settled after jabs form the vet and a few days on Piriton..he did get new lumps over a couple of days I seem to remember, but the worst of it went after the intial vet trip.
Hope Mishka feels better soon.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >