Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga

She is limping a little, but she'll put weight on the leg and she's moving about and not whimpering or anything. I don't think she'll die or suffer some form of serious issue before we can get her to a vet... do you??

My god, I really can't believe you just said that.....proves the point about your competence as a pet owner.

So she's not going to die from it forget about the pain the poor dog is suffering, as long as she is not going to die on you, it's OK to leave her suffering...

Nothing's changed then in your attitude to poor jade
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2013, 11:32 AM
No limp should be ignored in my opinion if a short amount of rest has been given and the problem has not rectified itself it needs further investigation and sooner rather than later as I stated in my last post.

Weight bearing or not the dog is in pain it can be seen she is from the video.
At the least she needs some sort of anti inflammatory and painkiller and then possible further investigation if the condition has not responded to the medication within usually 7 days as advised by a vet. It will then need a return visit for the vet to be satisfied the limp has responded to the medication or not as the case may be.
If not you will need to discuss with your vet the next course of action.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Check this out (one month ago)

OP commenting on one of her YouTubes

She tried to act stiffy yesterday, but look today!

Obviously Jade had had problems the day before. OP's method of dealing with it seems to be to mock her because she didn't seem so bad the next day and wanted to play?

Oh I'm so saddened and disgusted I gotta get outta here.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 01:02 PM
The usual suspects of accusing me of horrible things are here, what a surprise. Here we go again.

That trip with Nigredo was planned... my mother had already agreed to take me because it was for his 6 month half birthday. Which I already said, but of course this was ignored. Next...

While money is tight, that isn't the reason for this as I have every intention of taking her to the vet. We have always had a tight budget, but always owned many pets... and they've always had decent medical care.

Also, Jackbox... that comment was sarcasm because I already know she won't die or suffer some type of terrible injury in a few days, so don't twist anything. Forget about the pain?? I'm here with her and giving her pain meds and helping her with everything until I can get her to the vet, what a (_____) you are to assume I'm just doing nothing for her.

I'm going to get her to the vet as soon as someone will take me. So a person is old and has a bad leg and it's hurting a bit... ohhhhh they're suffering soooo much!

I'm not ignoring anything... I'm keeping a close eye on her and giving a bit of pain meds and helping her up the stairs etc. so she won't further injure whatever is bothering her.

I'm here with her and keeping a close eye on her, and as for the suffering... many dogs actually in a vets care suffer terribly while there. They have to endure painful procedures and come home in pain and on pain medication etc. so you can let that lark go.

Also transportation isn't available NOW, not sure why you like to tell me about things happening in my own life. I already told you that nobody is willing to take me in any sooner, and you can assume whatever you like.

As for the comment on my video (oh, don't we try so hard) "acting stiffy" has nothing to do with her bones or anything. Since when can a dog "act" stiff? So stupid. It was lingo. Maybe if you looked at the previous video... you'd see that Jade was actually walking the same that day as the next day. But then, you'd never do that as your only aim is to make me look bad. Whatever.

This is a joke... I'm done. Really, I am.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Actually dogs can die my dog started with a limp in the morning seemed to clear up. By the middle of the night he was taken to the vet school he was in such distress and given a strong painkiller which didn't work back to normal vet next day then back at 10pm to the vet school the as he lost the use of his back legs almost. Admitted to the vet school for 10 days and underwent every test available. All borderline and led to nowhere came home on steroids. 8 weeks later had to be put to sleep.
Then we got the diagnosis so please do not say dogs don't die from pain or a limp they can and they do as I know only too well.
My dog was taken to the vets and given help. The end result was heartache.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree money is tight for a lot of people these days...but if finances are so tight,and you are unable to get your pet the medical treatment it needs when it needs it, then maybe you should be reconsidering whether you in the position to own pets.
That depends on when they got the dog if there have been a change in circumstances, many dogs are being thrown out now because of changes of circumstances and rescues won't take them. Just because I would never do this to any of my dogs doesn't mean I can't sympathise with people who don't know which way to turn.

The case in question is not about money ( you've moved the goalposts). It's about someone who may take a obvious lame dog that is is pain, to the vet next week sometime, if they can get a lift.
I didn't move the goalposts, I find that the "My way or you are not suitable to own a dog" that is on here a disgrace, one day everyone of us could be in that position. Unless you have walked in someone's shoes you don't know if they are suitable to own a dog or not. All we have to go on is what we are told, for all we know her parents may have refused to take her dog but she is to embarrassed to say.

It's already been established, transport is available now to see to the dogs needs, the poster just does not see the urgency .
We are not there, we are only going on what we are told, it may be her parents who don't see this as urgent and not her.

Whatever has happened to compassion?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
The usual suspects of accusing me of horrible things are herej. Here we go again.
I guess those usual suspects have one thing in common, concern for the way you and your family treat Jade, the poor dog has suffered a terrible life, and it seems nothing has changed.

Don't expect me( or others ) to suddenly see you in a different light, I make no apology for my mistrust in your intentions towards the dog.

Originally Posted by mjfromga;2707572While money is tight, that isn't the reason for this as I have every intention of taking her to the vet. We have always had a tight budget, but always owned many pets... [B
and they've always had decent medical care.[/B]

Please..... The highlighted has to be a joke, " decent medical care " you expect people to believe this, when you leave a dog rotting in her own mess with no clean water , tied to a chain in the back yard.... With no one caring about her well being .

Originally Posted by mjfromga;2707572Also, Jackbox... that comment was sarcasm because I [B
already know she won't die or suffer some type of terrible injury[/B] in a few days, so don't twist anything.
I know you were being sarcastic , it's a normal response from you when questioned about the care some of your dogs receive.

So you know she won't die from her injuries. ....mmmmm, a bold statement from someone who can't be bothered to take the dog to the vet.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
That depends on when they got the dog if there have been a change in circumstances, many dogs are being thrown out now because of changes of circumstances and rescues won't take them. Just because I would never do this to any of my dogs doesn't mean I can't sympathise with people who don't know which way to turn.

I didn't move the goalposts, I find that the "My way or you are not suitable to own a dog" that is on here a disgrace, one day everyone of us could be in that position. Unless you have walked in someone's shoes you don't know if they are suitable to own a dog or not. All we have to go on is what we are told, for all we know her parents may have refused to take her dog but she is to embarrassed to say.

We are not there, we are only going on what we are told, it may be her parents who don't see this as urgent and not her.

Whatever has happened to compassion?

Compassion is given to those who deserve it, I suggest you familiarise yourself with this posters history.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Compassion is given to those who deserve it, I suggest you familiarise yourself with this posters history.
Why, compassion is never wasted, often it can turn someone's thinking round lot quicker and better than attacking them.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Why, compassion is never wasted, often it can turn someone's thinking round lot quicker and better than attacking them.
Good luck with that one then.

If you want to give compassion to someone who has lived with a dog for all the dogs life, seen it being neglected and abused by her parents day in and day out, has her own dog that lives inside, whilst ignoring the conditions and isolation the other dog lives in, then when her old dog dies, she rescues the outside dog to use as a comforter , till she buys a new puppy, then throws the old dog back outside to live in isolation again informing the forum that jade is no longer her problem because she has the pup now

Then comes on here and informs everyone that jade is living in her own mess( in the same house ) because no one ( including the poster) can be bothered go even walk down the garden to check on her..

If you feel compassion for someone like that, so be it.

It's proved time and time again, that everything she posts ( to try to make us believe she now cares) is just a front, and apart from the videos posted , showing how cared for jade is, the bottom line is simply, it's all a front, and basically no one cares enough about the dog to move their backside to get her the medical treatment she needs......NOW!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3