Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
What would you do if you had an emergancy , surely you would not wait till you got a lift next week

If I had an emergency or if a dog had an emergency like passed out or run over by a car... or something, I'm sure my mother would take me. If not, dad or a neighbor would.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
If I had an emergency or if a dog had an emergency like passed out or run over by a car... or something, I'm sure my mother would take me. If not, dad or a neighbor would.
Then why can't they take you now ?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 09:23 PM
You asked about an emergency, and my answer to that question should have also answered this question for you. Oh, well! We are not viewing this as an emergency, so nobody is calling out of work or rushing to the vet with her.

She'll be going very soon. I am managing her pain and she's doing better. I'm right here with her. Even if she feels better, I'm still going to take her to the vet because this isn't like her and probably needs some form of regular medication.

She is limping a little, but she'll put weight on the leg and she's moving about and not whimpering or anything. I don't think she'll die or suffer some form of serious issue before we can get her to a vet... do you??

If she does take a turn for the worse, like if she can't put any weight on the leg... or it swells really badly or something, I'll get her in, but she's managing and I've given her some pain meds and it's helping.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 07:28 AM

Not everyone has access transport at short notice, when I moved into this house my neighbour was spending a lot of money on taxis to get her dog and 2 cats to the vets, they are not allowed on the buses. I take them now, it doesn't take me long, isn't a long journey and costs me very little in fuel but to my neighbour it has taken a big worry off her.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
[B]Not everyone has access transport at short notice,
mjfromga has just informed us she has.............

]when I moved into this house my neighbour was spending a lot of money on taxis to get her dog and 2 cats to the vets, they are not allowed on the buses. I take them now, it doesn't take me long, isn't a long journey and costs me very little in fuel but to my neighbour it has taken a big worry off her.

As anyone would if they felt their dog needed a vet.

It all boils down to what one considers an emergency I guess, a dog in obvious pain that is struggling to walk, warrants an emergency for me............but sadly it seems not everyone sees a dog suffering in pain as an emergency
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 10:33 AM
mjfromga has just informed us she has.............

As anyone would if they felt their dog needed a vet.
There were times before I moved next door to them when they couldn't get their cat or dog to the vets, a lot of taxis won't take animals, they walked their dog back from the vets after she had been spayed because they didn't have the money to pay for a taxi.

It all boils down to what one considers an emergency I guess, a dog in obvious pain that is struggling to walk, warrants an emergency for me............but sadly it seems not everyone sees a dog suffering in pain as an emergency
Not everyone has the money or facilities to get dogs to the vets quickly especially these days. I know someone who is saving like mad to get the money together for her dog to have an operation on his spine. The dog is insured for £2,000 but the operation is going to cost her £5,000. The dog is being kept pain free until she has managed to get the money.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 10:59 AM
You had transport the day before to take the pup to the river and leave Jade home with your dad. I don't expect your parents to be bothered to help out with Jade. In view of your mother being the reason for her being kicked out and kept in filth outside. And in view of what you said here about them:

WAY too many dogs go to bad owners and then when a problem arises, they chunk the dogs into the pound, lock them outside and never even play with them or walk them... or, and this one is done a lot here, drive the dog somewhere far, and just let him out and drive off. My parents did that to one of my dogs when I was young.

I just have a feeling like watching a train crash in slow motion where old Jade is concerned. There will be some reason to 'get rid of' her (your words).

After all, you've hardly ever had a good word to say about her unless you are trying to impress or convince you've changed your ways. Yet nothing I've seen of her backs up your assertions she is nasty and vicious - especially the way she puts up with your pup constantly badgering her.

As you know, Jade has (no) training or general obedience. 9 years of crappy ownership can do that to a dog.

He (Nigredo) will NEVER become a yard dog because I don't treat MY dogs like that. He will NEVER become aggressive enough to bite his own family, or bite harmless children or animals. He is my baby and I'm going to take good care of him. I didn't raise Jade and I had no real contact with her because when my mom "rescued" her, she would not allow two house dogs and I was school age. She also didn't want Brownie around her because neither of them were altered and she thought they'd mate.

I didn't raise Jade and I had no real contact with her because when my mom "rescued" her, she would not allow two house dogs and I was school age. She also didn't want Brownie around her because neither of them were altered and she thought they'd mate.

She didn't even really let me around Jade much, she always said "You've got your own dog". I got first REAL contact with her when she was over 7 years old.
(so hard to take in that you lived in the same house as a dog for 7 yrs and had no contact with it?)

I have the option of putting the dog back outside permanently, or giving the dog to the pound.

I realize I can't handle two dogs, and I also realize I'm not competent enough to rehabilitate a dog.
I don't know about 'competent' but my opinion hasn't changed much - I don't think you are fit to own any dog.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Not everyone has the money or facilities to get dogs to the vets quickly especially these days.
I agree money is tight for a lot of people these days...but if finances are so tight,and you are unable to get your pet the medical treatment it needs when it needs it, then maybe you should be reconsidering whether you in the position to own pets.

The case in question is not about money ( you've moved the goalposts). It's about someone who may take a obvious lame dog that is is pain, to the vet next week sometime, if they can get a lift.

It's already been established, transport is available now to see to the dogs needs, the poster just does not see the urgency .
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
You had transport the day before to take the pup to the river and leave Jade home with your dad. I don't expect your parents to be bothered to help out with Jade. In view of your mother being the reason for her being kicked out and kept in filth outside. And in view of what you said here about.
I think I would also be asking my dad, why a perfectly sound dog that I left in his care , is a day later unsound with a swollen hip and is in obvious pain
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I think I would also be asking my dad, why a perfectly sound dog that I left in his care , is a day later unsound with a swollen hip and is in obvious pain
I already asked if she'd questioned her father. Considering she's said Jade cannot 'be round' her father in the past and well we all know about her mother.

Poor Jade.

You can get the measure better of this 'dog owner' if you read the comments she posts elsewhere - esp. on her YouTube Channel. Leaves me in no doubt whatsoever about her suitability to raise dogs nor what she really thinks about Jade.

Jade - 2nd class dog when Brownie was alive
Jade - 2nd class dog now the pup is here.

Off to read something less DEPRESSING.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >