Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cazcaz
New Member!
Female 

20-06-2013, 12:34 PM

Hay fever

Hi, I think my dog has hayfever. He scratches himself almost all the time and did this last year. He gets a bit grumpy sometimes when you touch him and generally a bit fidgety. I've heard that you can give a dog a bit of piroton (or however) you spell it. Any one have any other solutions that have worked for them? X
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi Caz I know a lot of people use the antihistamine Piriton .

However if it was my dog I would go for a vet check to make sure there was nothing else causing the problem.

If it is allergy related the vet will be able to prescribe an antihistamine that contains a mild sedative to help with the scratching
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 02:20 PM
My dog is permanently on Piriton for an itchy skin (prescribed by vet). As he's epileptic, he only has one tablet twice a day but I have heard of dogs on six times that!

If you do get some, make sure it's the basic one, not the once a day type. I use the Tesco own brand.