Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 11:17 AM

Wainwright food.

I've just changed Toffees food from Fish 4 Dogs to Wainrights Salmon & Potatoe, as I thought he poos more than he should on a good quality food. He does not poo so much now, his coat has a more of a shine & feels softer.

What have other people experienced with these foods?
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2013, 04:39 PM
We used fish4dogs for Jasper, he still has some left, which are now mixed with Wainwrights salmon and potato. He seems to be doing well at the moment his coat is shiney, And our 14 year old dog Taz has got a much a softer and glossier coat on this mix. We also mix in fishmongers fish and potato wet trays (various varieties), which they love, we use these in kongs too mixed with the dry food, and they go down a treat.
Poo wise Taz does less now. Jasper varies as he is only young and trying to get the correct amount of food sorted for him is a problem, as he is a bit slim at the moment so I try and give more, but then he poos more! ( makes sense)
A lot of people seem to fin the wainwrights good, think we will be sticking with it for now.
We also bought a bag of Fishmongers for training treats...these go down well, but wor out more expensive.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Wainwrights is one of the better foods on the market at a good price
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by TazJas View Post
We used fish4dogs for Jasper, he still has some left, which are now mixed with Wainwrights salmon and potato. He seems to be doing well at the moment his coat is shiney, And our 14 year old dog Taz has got a much a softer and glossier coat on this mix. We also mix in fishmongers fish and potato wet trays (various varieties), which they love, we use these in kongs too mixed with the dry food, and they go down a treat.
Poo wise Taz does less now. Jasper varies as he is only young and trying to get the correct amount of food sorted for him is a problem, as he is a bit slim at the moment so I try and give more, but then he poos more! ( makes sense)
A lot of people seem to fin the wainwrights good, think we will be sticking with it for now.
We also bought a bag of Fishmongers for training treats...these go down well, but wor out more expensive.
Sounds much the same as Toffee.

3 of my pups were very thin untill a 1yr. I stopped trying to put weight on them, they had plenty of energy, & once matured their weight was fine. I did add Raw Tripe with one of them as he was so hungry & he did put on weight.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 06:17 PM
wainwrights is excellent for the price IMO